Intensity | Teen Ink

Intensity

June 13, 2009
By Lindsey_O GOLD, Marshfield, Massachusetts
Lindsey_O GOLD, Marshfield, Massachusetts
11 articles 0 photos 180 comments

Favorite Quote:
Words slide off the lead,
creating permanent marks;
writer's secret code.
~Lindsey O'Connell


The tears poured off her eyelids; slid down her cheeks; fell to the floor. Slowly she sank to the ground, trembling slightly. Her breath came in deep sobs, wracking her chest. She barely had enough air. She did not hear the soft footfalls coming ever closer. She did not see him as he sat down next to her. She did, however, feel as his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Turning slightly, the girl buried her face in his shoulder. Her friend held her tighter, resting his head in her soft chestnut curls.

The two of them sat that way for what felt like hours; the girl sobbing loudly on the boy’s shoulder, the boy holding her quietly, steadfastly. Finally, the girl released her last tear. She looked up at the boy, eyes red from crying, cheeks flushed. He turned to her, a small crooked smile on his lips. To the girl’s surprise, tears were slipping down his face as well. “Why are you crying?” she asked softly, voice cracking. The boy considered the question for a second.

“I am crying because you are crying,” he replied truthfully as yet another tear trickled down his handsome face. His smile was still there, unwavering.

The girl stared at him with wide eyes. He stared back at her. A chill like an electric current flowed through both of them. The air around them tingled with static. Slowly, as if pulled by some invisible force, the two teenagers moved closer. Their faces were within a hair’s breath of each other’s. “Why me?” she whispered. “Why did you choose me?” Her eyes darted back and forth, looking for an answer written on his face. “You are the only one who’s real. The only one out of all those girls who knows what it means to truly love someone. Even though he broke your heart, you just keep going. I like that. I think… I think I may even love that.”

His eyes gleamed with a passion long suppressed. “I think I may love you.” His sweet breath lingered on her lips. The girl’s heart began to beat frantically, as if trying to keep up with her rapidly changing emotions. “I think I may love you too,” she admitted.

Without meaning to, the girl shut her eyes. The two leaned even closer, closing the gap between them. His soft lips pressed against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and his arms coiled around her waist. The kiss deepened.

Gently, they pulled apart. Both were smiling softly. “Thank you,” the girl said under her breath, so quiet that the boy sitting right next to her wasn’t sure he had heard her at first.

“For what?” She stared deeply into his eyes. He held her gaze, reciprocating the intensity. “For giving me a reason to live again. For saving me from falling.”

“Anytime. Thank you, too. Thanks for letting me in. Thanks for not pushing me away.”

At the same time, the two teenagers said, “I love you,” sealing their fate.

The two leaned in closer, their foreheads, then lips, pressing against the other’s.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 377 comments.


on Jul. 30 2011 at 11:48 am
Divagirl508 BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is easy to get to the top after you get through the crowd at the bottom .

what a masterpiece! Keep more coming.

on Jul. 22 2011 at 3:20 pm
Metalhead36 SILVER, Amherst, Massachusetts
8 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. - Edgar Allan Poe

This was an unbelievable piece. The description was beautiful, the dialogue flowed like a running stream, and the whole concept of the piece just...worked. It was one of the best pieces I've read on this site. Bravo.

on Jul. 22 2011 at 3:14 pm
Metalhead36 SILVER, Amherst, Massachusetts
8 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. - Edgar Allan Poe

I can't tell you how unbelievably good this piece is. From the description to the climax....wow. I'm jaw-droppingly impressed. Bravo.

on Jul. 17 2011 at 11:47 am
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
I loved the story! and was impressed! Great job! Your a very talented writer! :D (Sorry for the advertizing!) If any of u coulld read my two stories called the beast and nightstalker, that would be great! Also please post comments saying if u liked it or not. Thanks! And keep writing! :D

on Jul. 14 2011 at 12:21 pm
NKsunshine BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 75 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't need easy, I just need possible!" ~Bethany Hamilton

One word.......AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Jul. 11 2011 at 7:16 pm
amazing! you are very talented.

on Jun. 22 2011 at 3:21 pm
billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts
3 articles 0 photos 278 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

OMG that was an amazing story!!! Please keep writing!!! This story made my day!!!

stolen_bagel said...
on May. 31 2011 at 3:15 pm
stolen_bagel, Ottawa, Other
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind" Gandhi

this is so cute, you're an amazing writer! :)

on May. 31 2011 at 12:35 pm
SceneEmo SILVER, Pocomoke, Maryland
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
KEEP MOVING FOWARD NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU HATE LIFE

same here........... just wow

Alantis said...
on May. 31 2011 at 12:15 pm
I love it. Your Details and descrpitions make it so intense. I am also speachless. Keep writing I look forward to more of your work.

on May. 31 2011 at 8:32 am
twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York
13 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Success comes to those who persist after all have given up. Which is why it is never crowded along the extra mile."

wow.... i mean tht is literally all i can say is wow i am freaking speechless.....again i say..... wow

 


on May. 19 2011 at 9:22 pm
--faux.hope BRONZE, New York, New York
3 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't tell me that the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon. ~

I love this. I can't say anymore because you've left me speechless c;

on May. 9 2011 at 7:02 pm
itlovedtohappen GOLD, Ocala, Florida
10 articles 0 photos 32 comments
Exactly as the title says, INTENSE!

on May. 9 2011 at 4:12 pm
liviebug66 GOLD, McMurray, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

This is adorable! Well written!!

on May. 8 2011 at 9:20 pm
booklover104 BRONZE, Stockton, California
4 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have a couple of quotes i like... \"Success is not a doorway it\'s a staircase\"
2. \"Everything happens for a reason\"
3.\"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have\"-Thomas Edison

awww.....so cute. Makes anyone fall in love. sad and beautiful. I could dream....=) good job!

on May. 4 2011 at 3:52 pm
sammielovesyou, Louisville, Kentucky
0 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew"

This is REAALLY cuuteee ! (:

on Apr. 5 2011 at 6:52 pm
writerchick2095 BRONZE, Lincolnton, North Carolina
4 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
'Why do you try so hard to fit in when you are born to stand out?'
'Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.'

This is so great! Such a wonderful love story :) Makes every teen a dreamer!

on Mar. 28 2011 at 3:39 pm
Haley_Elizabeth GOLD, Wallingford, Vermont
12 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Embrace imperfection rather than hide your flaws."

Adorable! This is the cutest thing i've ever read. More please.

Bones96 BRONZE said...
on Mar. 27 2011 at 11:13 pm
Bones96 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 108 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself-

Really good! I'd love to read more! :)

on Mar. 26 2011 at 5:04 pm
VanessaTaylor, Alexander, Arkansas
0 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The loudest sound is that of a broken heart. Silent to the world. And deafening to you."

omigosh your writing talent is amazing. i cant believe this, this is incredible. i love it!!! please keep writing!!!