The Scarlet Kiss | Teen Ink

The Scarlet Kiss

By AmandaLee143 SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
AmandaLee143 SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Always Believe :)

“Are you running from me?” She licked the blood off her lips with a grin.
“You- you’re a monster” He gasped shaking his head.
She walked closer to him, almost gliding. “That hurts my feelings, Detective, that you would say such a thing” She was close enough to kiss him or… devour him. Her fingers played in his curly blonde hair. “Can I have a kiss?” She seemed to be amused by her own jokes.
He tried to turn away, but her grip was too strong on his head.
She stared into his eyes, he looked back into hers. He could see something in them, far away hidden by these layers of- of, what? Evil? How can someone who resembled an angel be the devil?
“What are you?” He spat out, her hands still gripping his face.
For a second she looked hurt by the question, her eyes widened. Then narrowed, she was angry and he could see that. He started breathing heavy.
She let go of his head. He took a step back; she took a step forward.
“You’re scared.” She said, through her poisoned lips.
He took another step back, she took another step forward.
He stared at her; there was something there, something about her, something right, but something so wrong.
“No. I’m not.” He said, still staring at her.
She looked taken back by his response. He took a step toward her. They’re chests were touching. “You won’t kill me; you don’t even have enough guts to hurt me.”
She stood as still as a statue, bewildered by his words.
“Don’t talk to me like you know me, you don’t know what I’m capable of.” She clenched her teeth together, “I’ll rip you to pieces.” It was as low as a whisper.
His confidence in his bravery started to surrender, He felt his knees shake, but her eyes… her eyes said something different.
“You would have done it already.” He said, cocking his head to the side.
They both looked confused, still staring at one another.
What is she? He thought.
What is wrong with him? She thought.
His lips parted as if seeing her beauty for the first time, which is almost was.
His fingers trembled to touch her skin. Unwillingly he raised his hand to touch her cheek.
Her skin was cool, smooth, but hard.
For the first time ever, she was surprised.
She didn’t know what to say or do, but she knew what she felt; his warm hand touching her and she actually liked it. She closed her eyes, savoring the feeling.
NO! She thought; don’t let him think he won! You’re weak! That last word echoed in her head.
She opened her eyes, they were as black as night. He felt her stiffened under his palm.
Slowly he took his hand away from her cheek. She was angry. Again.
He opened his mouth to say something, but before he could he back was slammed onto the wall behind him, so hard he thought he saw stars.
He started sliding down the wall. She grabbed him by his collar, standing him on his tips of his toes.
“Like I said, you don’t know what I’m capable of.”

This is an excerpt to a story I'm writing, I hope you enjoy it!