Lost part 2 | Teen Ink

Lost part 2

By EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts
EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

I let my muscles relax, I let everything loosen. My strain disappeared. Kevin held me and whispered, “It’s okay, he’ll realize he made a huge mistake and come back.”

“He’s not coming back. I know him. No matter how hard this is on him, he won’t come back. And he’s not the one who is making the huge mistake. I am”

“No, you made the right decision!” Kevin’s voice cracked and a tear fell down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away. “I don’t want you to leave me! Please, you are not leaving. Stay with me. I need you. Please.” Kevin’s tears were really flowing now. He didn’t even bother to brush them away. I wrapped my arms around him and he stopped crying. He kissed me and he pulled me into a bear hug.

“Thank you! I would die without you, Lauren.”

“I know, I would to…”I replied, although I was a little unsure if KEVIN was the one I would die without. He took my hand and we walked back down to the cafeteria. People were already leaving. We turned around and walked up the stairs. I stuffed a granola bar into my mouth and then swallowed. I was starving.

“Thanks for hearing me out.” I said to Kevin.

“You’re welcome and thanks for not leaving me.” He said.

“You're welcome.” I tried to smile.

After that the day passed by pretty quickly. Late at night, I lay in my bed trying to fall asleep. Dan popped into my mind and I couldn’t stop thinking about him. His dark brown eyes and his dark brown hair. His smile and his heart-warming laugh.

What was I doing here? I need to go see Dan.

I packed up a bag of my clothes, my toothbrush, some money and my cell phone. I left a note on my kitchen table:

Had to leave for a couple of days and think things out. Don’t worry I’ll be home on Saturday.

Love,

Lauren xoxo

I grabbed my keys and I slammed the front door shut. I jumped into my blue convertible and started the car. I carefully backed out of the driveway and began to drive. It took me 2 and a half hours through wooded wilderness to get to Dan’s house. I knew where it was because for many summers, Dan and I went up visit his dad. We used to always joke about running away to his dad’s house and hiding.

By the time I arrived at their house, it was already late morning. I parked along the side of the road and walked up the stone steps. I nervously rang the doorbell not knowing what to expect. Dan’s mom opened the door and said, “Lauren! Hi! It’s so good to see you! Are you looking for Dan?”

“Yes.” I said, flinching when his name was mentioned.

“He isn’t home right now, he went to go take a walk in the woods.”

“Oh, okay, thanks. I’ll go find him.”

“Okay, bye Lauren.” She closed the door and I ran up into the woods. I walked up and down many paths. Suddenly, I noticed a dark figure walking in front of me. I slowly tiptoed my way through the woods, but to my dismay I stepped on a branch and it loudly crunched underneath my feet. The figure turned around and I could just make out a gray sweatshirt, a pair of jeans and dark colored hair. I sped up running towards this figure. Who was it???

The next part should be out soon..
Keep reading...

;)

Haha, thnx

contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

Thankz!! Ur tha best!

aw, i'll check them out don't worry.

Thanks again!!!

<3

Ur welcome I feel the same way I wrote a poem and a story that actually happended and nobody replyed to them

Thank you soo much!

No one had commented before, so I didn't know anyone liked it, but then you commented and you made me smile! Thank you so, sooo much!!!!

u should deff rite more i <3 this story!!