Fire Heart13 | Teen Ink

Fire Heart13

April 21, 2010
By natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland
natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland
24 articles 0 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
trying is failing, doing is succeeding.


Chapter 13: The Giver Mansion

Drew picked me up and
Walked towards the beautifully designed mansion. He set me down at the front of the door and kissed my forehead. He straightened my shirt and smiled.
“Don’t flip out, they aren’t home yet, won’t be until six.” I sighed, letting out all my fear. He smiled and opened the door. It was a wide, open space. There was a piano standing on a large step.
The step was wide and white. The shiny black piano stood lonely with an acoustic guitar leaning against it.
On the walls where framed guitars, other various musical instruments I couldn’t name, and pictures from different eras and genres. From the earliest time of music, until current time, he had it all.
There was a large opening to a granite table toped counter. The mosaic floor had different shades of red, blue, yellow, green, and purple. It was a picture of something I couldn’t recognize.
There was an aluminum sink and refrigerator. On top of the granite counter were darkly shaded cabinets. “Wow.” Was all I could manage to blurt. He took my hand and led me upstairs.
The hardwood floor glistened, untouched, and the brightly painted walls shinned. There were five double doors surrounding a circular open window. It bent outward, and showed a large foggy area.
Drew shifted his hand, and held it tighter.
“Ok, so the last room on the left is Ulrich and Serena’s room, the one on the far right is Carson and Melina’s room, the room next to Ulrich and Serena’s is Marcella’s room, I haven’t told you much about her, but you will meet her today.
The room next to hers is Eleanor’s,” He pulled me over to a door, and opened it. “And this is mine.” It was a grey painted room with white ceilings, and the carpet was like a golden color.
There was a darkly furnished wardrobe, very plain, sitting in the back left corner of the room.
There were shelves and shelves of books, a large stereo, baskets and baskets of cds, a small couch, and a large window open to miles and miles of foggy grass.
“Wow, everything is so beautiful. But grey?” I asked laughing. He shrugged and smiled. “Well, if I can remember correctly, I was the never happy, leave me alone type of guy before I met you.”
He laughed. “I look back at myself when I acted like that, and it seems so stupid.” He shook his head. “You had every right to act that way.” I turned towards him.
“Yeah well, I’m dwelling on the past too much. What about now?” He asked troubled, but a smile kind of peeked. “What do you mean?” I asked laughing.
He pulled me close to him. “What do we do now? What is now? What step do we take, what road is the right one?” He asked as he pulled me very close to him.
My back elegantly curved at the soft touch of his hand. He pressed his lips lightly to mine and pulled back.
“Well, I don’t know…but I can tell you one thing, I don’t really think it’s possible to take a wrong road at this point. But you could probably pull it off.”
I laughed. He laid me on the couch and pressed his lips to mine. He knelt beside the couch and held my hand. He looked back into my eyes, and smiled.
“I love you way too much.” He laughed lightly. “Hmm, is there a too much?” I laughed. He nodded and pressed his lips shortly to mine again. He stood up and huffed.
He looked at the stereo clock sitting on a little table next to the couch. “They should be here anytime.” He muttered.
“Okay, now remember, they didn’t approve at first…well my mom did, my dad is okay with it, but everyone else is…just…you don’t even have to talk if you don’t want to.”
He tapped his foot anxiously. I laughed and folded my legs and arms. “Now I think you are the one who is a little anxious here.” I laughed. He laughed and sat down next to me.
“You are just so adorable.” He whispered. He stroked my face as his lips were pressed to mine. We both started to lose ourselves. He pushed me back, and my adrenalin started to pump.
I pushed myself onto him, but he pushed me off. “A little too much?” He asked. I huffed and nodded. “Sorry.” I huffed again. “Well we can try something different.”
He encouraged. “What?” He got up and turned on the stereo. “I think you would like this song…it relates pretty well to everything.” He smiled and pulled me up.
I didn’t expect him to play my favorite kind of music, let alone my favorite song. “How did you know this was my favorite song?” He laughed. “Lucky guess.” He smiled.
He placed his hand on my waist and held my hand. I placed my hands on him. “This really isn’t the type of music you can dance to.” “You would be surprised.”
He whispered in my ear. He pulled me towards him, and before I could think about it, he had my flying and spinning. We moved swiftly across the floor, and I closed my eyes.
I let him move me, and I didn’t even think I was on my feet. When the song got to a slow part, he slowed, and I was looking into his eyes again. As the song started to get to the end, he got faster.
I spun and spun across the floor. When the song finished, he dipped me backwards, and I was out of breath. “Well, you were right. You can dance to anything.”
He nodded and held me up. He walked over to the window, and opened it. “This is our great escape.” He whispered almost playfully in my ear. He jumped out the window.
“Come on!” He yelled. “It’s two stories Drew!” I yelled back. “I will catch you! Trust me!” He held out his arms. I closed my eyes and I jumped out the window.
It felt like forever, and I never fell. Then I woke up and heard Drew breathing in my ear. “Honey, I caught you.” He laughed and held me closer to him.
He pushed my head down, and stroked my hair. I laughed as he sat me down on my feet. I laughed and pushed him on the green damp ground. He laughed as I lay next to him.
He put his arm around me and pulled me closer into him. “See, we can do anything.” He pointed out in a whisper. “Because of you.” I whispered back. “See, you have everything backwards.
You are way in over your head. It is clearly visible now.” He said in a playful tone, and shook his head. “Drew, I am not going to continue arguing with you, but I have completely feelings than you.”
He laughed. “Well maybe that’s why we clicked all along.” He smiled and grinned.
He had a sweet laugh rumble under his deep muscular chest. “You, have no idea what it is like to be way wrapped into the love of your life the way I am. Aaralyn Sandra Harding, my darling little helpless sweetheart, the only and always will be love of my life, my sweet adoring beautiful little girl…I love you.”