Noctaria | Teen Ink

Noctaria

June 13, 2015
By SrikarBaireddy SILVER, Hyderabad, Other
SrikarBaireddy SILVER, Hyderabad, Other
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Die or die trying."


Noctaria was in the worst position it was ever in since Volcano Klihuea erupted to form it.
The six kingdoms had chosen sides, four of them choosing Skulldome Kingdom’s side, preferring to perform the Black Magic rather than sticking to the limited White Magic that Strongheart and Stealth Kingdoms used. 
The White Magic was powerful good magic used to eradicate all traces of evil. However, Black Magic was the all powerful magic that could destroy a city block within a few minutes, just by focusing all the magic at a focal point and then exploding the magic underground, wrecking the whole city block and others nearby it. White Magic could be used to make Light Arrows that were beyond the knowledge of the helpless humans, who were unaware of the mighty war and continent that were sitting before their very eyes, waiting to be discovered.
For years, it had been rumored that the most evil wizards of all times had been able to manipulate the Black Magic to create a destroyer that would erase all of the weak Good Lords from the face of the earth.
We now come to the testing of the conquering weapon.
“Now, now, put it facing the east-no that’s the west dimwit- come on, come- oh yes, that’s it. Now, you, soldier press the fire button- no, that’s the power button. Turn it on again-yes that’s it- now press it.”
The cannon began to vibrate with an irritating noise that soon caught the general and the soldiers on their nerve, so they began to close their ears and sing lullabies to themselves when King Philip the Third came up and asked what was going on. Before they could answer, the cannon shot a large purple ray that flew through the air and hit the peak of a mountain far away.
The general began celebrating, when a soldier came up and delivered some bad news.
“Sir, that’s where our officers were camping for the night.”
His face paled, and his despair was interrupted by the king’s question repeated.
“Yes, uh, what’s your name again???” the king asked.
“Your majesty, I am Commander Richard Phelp, general of the Skulldome kingdom army.”
The king turned to the servant who followed him everywhere.
“You, why did he call me your majesty?”
The servant politely replied, “You are the king of Skulldome Kingdom, sir.”
“King? Well that’s good to know. I’ve always dreamt of being a king. And one more question. What is Skulldome Kingdom?”
“It is the largest kingdom in the whole of Noctaria, sir.”
They walked away again, and the king’s voice could be faintly heard, “And what is Noctaria?”
The general shook his head in sadness. He had always known that a king who could not even remember his own mother would be quite a useless king.
“All right boys, back to the kingdom.”
Meanwhile, the King was aided by his servant to his bedroom.
“Why, such a large bedroom? Do I actually sleep in here?”
The servant, exasperated by the nonstop questions, rather rudely replied , ‘Yessir, you sleep in here. Now I would be obliged if you turned off your light and went to sleep.” With that, he left.
“But how do you turn off the light?”

Now, the Skulldome kingdom might have a forgetful king, but the Strongheart Kingdom had a wise, noble, and strong ruler who always performed the right decisions. Presently, he was deciding the fate of a traitor who tried to sell the plans of the kingdom to the Skulldome King, who, with a puzzled face, had asked him what Strongheart Kingdom was. Fortunately for Strongheart, a brilliant young spy from the Stealth Kingdom apologized to the Skulldome King the Third, saying that the traitor was his younger brother had a mind problem and made up kingdoms. He brought the man back to Strongheart at sword tip, and then turned him in to the court.
“He will be drawn on a hurdle to be half hanged, and then he’ll be taken down and sliced before his own face, and then his inside will be taken out and burnt while he looks on, and then his head will be chopped off, and then he’ll be cut into quarters. That’s the sentence.” The king paused for a moment. “Ahhh,” he said at last, “I’ve always wanted to say that since I read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.” He looked around at the puzzled crowd, who, obviously, had not been to a library yet.
“Anyways, I have said the sentence. It is to begin immediately, and when the whole population of Strong heart is here!”
The next morning, King Philip the Third was walking with his servant. The conversation between him and a man who had wanted to sell something to him had struck a dusty old chord in his mind.  For this reason, he tried describing the situation the best he could from his memory and told him to find out what it was that was so important. This is what the servant heard:
“It was something about some kingdom. I think it was something to do with that kingdom that could cause its downfall. The man……” he trailed off for some time, trying to remember, then started again: “He looked quite nervous, like he was doing something he shouldn’t do. The kingdom’s name was… something like Stongsoul or something. It seemed important to me for some reason. Then a man came and pulled that other man away….” He looked at the servant questioningly.
The clever servant tried to make sense of this. Stongsoul Kingdom was probably Strongheart, their worst enemy. Something to cause its downfall…. The plans! The plans of attack. The other man could have been a spy…….
“Well, sir, why don’t we put a lookout for these men, and, if they are found, they will be brought to court.”
“I guess that is a capital idea….”the king said, then paused for a moment. “But that would only work if I remembered their faces, wouldn’t it?”
The servant realized his mistake, and tried to imply upon the king the emergency that the features should be remembered, but to no avail.
At Strongheart, the fate of the traitor had been just finished when the king announced that Julio Capellar, a spy, had come back with the plans of the Skulldome army, written by the king himself. When they heard it was written by the king, the people didn’t expect much, but they were utterly flabbergasted at what the king said (in the bad way).
“It is a non-proportional map of the Noctaria continent with the kingdoms wrongly placed. There is no sign of the army advances and the technique they are going to follow when attacking. All over the bottom, there are cartoons of a gray cat chasing a brown mouse, and it says that they are named Tom & Jerry respectively. It seems that, although they have a much larger army, we have the upper hand with a small disciplined army who know how to use muskets, unlike the opposing army.”
There were cheers from the crowd, and many people were calling each other for parties reserved until Strongheart won, but their jubilant joy was cut short by a loud blast from the horn that was right above them.
A messenger was riding on an exhausted black horse that collapsed then he leapt off its side. Immediately, the animal vets scurried to the horse and began its medical checkup. The messenger staggered to the center stage and said, “It is true. The Skulldome wizards have built a cannon with Black Magic. But-”he said, looking at the faces that were plagued with concern, “They do not know how to use it. It is reported that, in the last trial, they destroyed most of their army.”
Once again the air vibrated with cheers.
“However,” the king started, “There is one problem that barricades our way to victory. It is the Strongbones. They will stop us.”
“Your Majesty, leave that to me.” Julio said, with a mischievous glint in his eye.
King Philip the Third had thought day and night to remember the faces, but when he did, it was a rather general idea of the faces. The guards were alerted, and they promised to alert the castle at first sight of the two people.
“Your Majesty, given the current conditions it is most wise to keep a musket near your bed and to have bodyguards.”
“ Why did you call me your majesty?”
The servant politely replied, “You are the king of Skulldome Kingdom, sir.”
“King? Well that’s good to know. I’ve always dreamt of being a king. And one more question. What is Skulldome Kingdom?”
“It is the largest kingdom in the whole of Noctaria, sir.”
“And what is Noctaria?”
“It is a continent, sir.”
“Oh yes, and what is a musket?”
Julio made it into the Strongbone Kingdom without alerting any of the guards, and went to a room were people spread rumors.
After he had got everyone’s attention, he began, “I have heard that the Peak kingdom is turning to White Magic.”
That was it. Everyone got up and started insulting the Peak Kingdom, saying that they are wimpy losers and can’t choose right. They went so far as to beat up the merchants form the Peak kingdom. Within days, the Strongbones had declared war on the Peaks, and the Peaks on The Strongbones(after they heard the brutal treatments their merchants had gotten).
When tricking the Strongbones, there are a few things you have to remember:
1.       They are very gullible.
2.       They get angry if they hear something they don’t like.
3.       Everyone in the kingdom is a warrior of some sort(yes, even the ladies).
4.       They are very aggressive.
After two weeks, the Strongbones had completely deserted, and Julio moved on to Skulldome to check if they were armed for battle. As he was checking the weapon storage, a chill ran down his spine as he heard, “Whatcha theenk you doiin?” from the slurred voice of the weapon keeper. Julio whipped around, when the weapon keeper said, ‘You knows, yous looks mighty like thees man the guards be looookin’ for.”
Julio smiled, grabbed a musket, a long sword, and a dagger, leapt off the wall and broke through the hay ceiling. Leaping from one house to another, he made it out of Skulldome, but, he knew, not out of the danger. Running at his top speed, he made it into the Endless Valley. He knew the place like the back of his hand, but the guards and security would be clueless on how to make it out. In hours, he was back in the Strongbone Kingdom.
The general was mad with anger. “How could you let him go when he was right there???”
The soldiers hung their heads with shame.
“Now the word of Skulldome Navy will be used as an insult. ‘Why, he’s so lazy, he should go to the Skulldome navy!!!’” he mimicked. “Now I will have to report this to the king.” He said and began towards the castle.
“I am so sorry sir, the Skulldome Navy lost him in the Endless Valley.”
The King turned to his servant. “Now what is Skulldome Navy? And the Endless Valley?”

General Andrew Elm gave the signal to continue. Due to the efficient work of Spy Julio Capellar, they were able to cross the Strongbone Kingdom without any trouble, and were waiting at the gates of Skulldome to climb over. One group at a time, they leapt over, and scurried into the kingdom.
The battle that soon followed was short and sweet for the Stronghearts and short and horrid for the Skulldomers. Due to misuse of the cannon, many of the army officers left were exterminated, leaving a partying Stronghearts behind with a whole kingdom.
The Stronghearts threatened the already weak Peak and Strongbone Kingdoms with the cannon, and even the Nemesis Kingdom, and all of them readily gave in.
When the large party at the castle started, a question arose:
“Where is Julio?”
Now that is out of this story, so I might write a story on what happened to him; I might not; but I hope that will not matter to you, Reader, for I hope this book will entertain you for your lifetime.