Bracelet | Teen Ink

Bracelet

By VRios1 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
VRios1 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

She carefully added a delicate little charm to her bracelet each time she took a life. The musical jingling of all the charms pleased her.

There was always something off about her, it dates back to when she witnessed her father died before very eyes. It was a car crash in 2009 that sent her father flying out of the windshield and ultimately cracked his skull open. The little girl cried and began to scream, “daddy!” over and over again. The police never found the person who rear ended them that day but Little Mary never forgot the black hair, white dress shirt, and the blue tie the murderer had on as he sped away.

The love of her life, her first true love was quickly snatched as they were on their way to a father, daughter date they had every Friday. They would sing songs together and she could always remember her Father bringing a red rose every Friday, she especially loved the rare, awe inspiring Daisy he would put on her small ear. Mary remembered how he would tell her, “Don’t let anybody treat you any less than what I have.” That remained with her for the rest of her life.

It was hard to please Mary, she was gorgeous and would never take any less of what her father previously gave her, nobody could call her beautiful like her father did, every boy growing up wanted to have a chance with her but she waited for the right person to love her for herself, and not just her silky brown hair and earthy, green eyes. Mary wanted a person to treat her right and up to the standard to her beloved father set.

Mary had many charms on her bracelet, they signified every life she took and in specific, every man who came short of her expectations, the mad woman searched for love, that’s all she wanted, but the fact that she couldn’t find it was what drove her insane.

As for the men who went missing in society, the federals are still looking for them. Who would suspect a middle class, young, gorgeous, white woman to be a murder with countless stains of blood on her hands. The bracelet made its own tunes as she walked about her day, she would shake her wrist and listen to the jingle of the souls crying out for mercy

This is Mary, this is who she is, as soon as she finds the man who murdered her father, she will torture him until she buys a beautiful diamond ring in remembrance of the vengeance for her father. When she gets the ring, she will end his life brutally and fashion the ring on the finger that leads to her heart for the rest of her life.

“Ms. Jones we think we have some more info on the man who killed your father.” Reed says

“Great, thank you Mr. Reed.”

Mary has invested years to look for him, all the while the same detectives  are blind to who actually murdered those men who they’ve also been investigating. Luckily they are close to finding the man who is responsible for the death of Roger Jones… Because the bracelet he gave Mary as a child was getting full.