Bang Bang(couldnt think of a better title) | Teen Ink

Bang Bang(couldnt think of a better title)

By X_Dysfuntional_Lyrics_X GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio
X_Dysfuntional_Lyrics_X GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio

I have a lot of favorite quotes. I cant really pick.

Crash. Bam. Boom.
I layed in my room as I heard the noises from downstairs float up through the hall, and seep through the crack under my door to my ears. This seemed to be happening more frequently; my father coming home wasted. It started a few weeks ago after my father lost his job. His boss had told him that they didnt need him anymore. Since then my father has gone out everyday to look for a job, but he'd come home every night too drunk to see straight. He'd come home and start fights with my mother. She always tried to calm him down and talk to him but that never worked. He would yell at her and call her terrible names. Eventually the yelling led to yelling AND hitting. I've tried many times to intervene, but it ended up with me getting hit. I felt like there was nothing I could do.

On this night I had a very bad feeling. It was quiet, too quiet. The silence seemed to be mocking me. Laughing at me, telling me there was nothing I could do. I got out of bed straining my ears to hear something, anything. The only thing I heard was the sound of my own breath. I quietly tip-toed to my door and opened it slowly so it wouldnt make any noise. I successfully made it to the stairs without the floors creaking. Now my only problem were the stairs. I had to make sure to skip the stairs that creaked. As I stood there trying to calm myself down I finally heard him again. He was screaming at her. I couldnt make out the words.

Suddenly I heard a smack resound off the walls as his hand came in contact with my mothers skin. I had had enough, I skipped the stairs two at a time making sure to skip the last stare. I glide across the room heading towards the living room where the screams were coming from. I looked around for something to use as a weapon. Finally my eyes landed on a baseball bat laying next to the stairs. I took a few practice swings before walking into the warzone. What I saw shocked me, the entire living room was destoryed, and right in the middle of the living room my father had my mother held at gunpoint.

I froze with fear as I looked at my defenseless mother. The bat must have fallen from my grip because next thing I know my father has the gun pointed at me. My body was still frozen with fear. My mind screamed at me to move, but I was too afraid. I looked at my mother, her eyes were wide with shock and fear. I knew she felt helpless. I looked in my fathers eyes and what I saw shocked me. Rage, anger and determination were what I saw. Before I could say or do anything I heard, Bang Bang. Next thing I know Im floating, looking down at my bleeding body. I couldnt believe my father killed me. My own father!

This just came to me one night while I was laying in bed. My ideas always seem to come to me when Im laying in bed lol. Which is why I wish I had a laptop :). Well I hope you like it. Im sure it could be better.