Jody's Next Victim | Teen Ink

Jody's Next Victim

By Moonlight14 PLATINUM, Mechanic Falls, Maine
Moonlight14 PLATINUM, Mechanic Falls, Maine

'To love is to destroy' - The Mortal instruments
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
What the French, Toast?!

“Don't worry she will be just fine Mrs. Tifiel. Me and Mary will have lots of fun.” I gave her one more big smile and closed the door in her face.

I turned around and find the little girl Mary without a smile on her face.

“Mary, what's wrong? Are you okay?” I asked a little worriedly.

“I remember this house. My old babysitter lived here. I hope Jody is still here.”

I still did not understand, but I decided it was probably a story she had made up to keep herself from getting nervous. Having a new babysitter and all.

“How about we play Go Fish?”

“That sounds fun. Can Jody play? She is still here. I knew she would be.”

What is this kid talking about? “I don't think so. I haven't even met her yet. Maybe next time.”

Mary paused for a minute before answering. “Jody says you've made her mad. I'd be careful if I were you. This is how my last babysitter lost her job.”

Now I was really starting to panic. This little girl sounded like she was serious. But again I decided to try and brush it off.

“I'll be right back Mary, I just need to get the deck of cards from upstairs.”

I left her and as I was climbing the stairs I realized how rickety the stairs were and I felt like I was going to fall. I didn't. I got to the playroom door and It wouldn't open. This puzzled me. This door did not have a lock on the outside or inside. I pushed several times and it still wouldn't budge. I stepped back to look at it and it just silently and slowly opened by itself.

This made me think about the girl Mary had called Jody. I still wanted to believe it was just her imagination, but it was becoming harder.

I stepped in the room and it was chillingly cold. I rubbed my arms for warmth and felt goose bumps. I really wanted to get out of there, but I knew it would disappoint Mary If I didn't come back with the cards.

I walked over to the bureau and opened a drawer. I couldn't find the cards so I tried the next one down. It wasn't in there either. I tried to open the third and last drawer, but it wouldn't open just like the door.

I decided to step back and just look at it like I did to the door, but nothing happened. I tried pulling on it again and the knob broke off. Now it was really stuck.

I stood up and started to walk out of the room when I heard a sound like scraping wood. Turning around afraid of what I might see, I faced the direction of the bureau. I was shelled shocked. The drawer had opened.

I slowly walk towards the open drawer and peer in. There I see the deck of cards next to a blood stained butchers knife. That's when I knew that I had become Jody's next victim.

Idk wut inspired this. Must have been in a bad mood or something

What the French, Toast?!

ok, yea. That helps a little. thx. :)

Anj16 GOLD said...
Anj16 GOLD, Eagan, Minnesota
the tone of the story is catching. i can't explain. but its sort of like . . . really creepy in a way that she tells it so detachedly (?) and after her death

What the French, Toast?!

thx again. Idk why but I didn't really think this was a good writing personally, but everyone seems to like it.   ??? :P

Anj16 GOLD said...
Anj16 GOLD, Eagan, Minnesota
hey this is really good! really scary. i like the tone of the story.

What the French, Toast?!

thx a lot:P

Katrselyn said...
Katrselyn, Kankakee, Illinois
ohmygosh! this was total creepers! I wsa freezing I love this soo much! keep on writing ohmygos i love it haha!

What the French, Toast?!

haha thx! 

makemelegendary BRONZE, Prescott Valley, Arizona

"Open your eyes, look within. Are you happy with the life you're living?" -Bob Marley

Ohmygosh! This was creepy! haha, I loved it. Total chills on the spine!!(: