Party of Death | Teen Ink

Party of Death

January 28, 2015
By Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
22 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"- Sam Montgomery from A Cinderella Story.


It was the day of my big halloween bash and my friends and I had been preparing for it all day. It was seven o’clock and my friends were all here, sitting telling stories when suddenly the lights went out and we heard a scream. I slowly found my way to my bag and grabbed my flashlight; I turned it on and I started to walk around trying to find Brooke, the girl who disappeared. I opened the door to my bedroom to find her hanging from the ceiling fan. She was the first guest to arrive at my party.


Amber told me she was going to the bathroom; shortly after I heard another scream coming from the bathroom. I shortly heard another scream coming from the bathroom. I opened the door to find her dead on the floor with a huge shard of glass in her forehead; it looked like she had slipped and broke the mirror with her head. She was the second guest to arrive here tonight. I told everyone to remain calm and  that from now on there’s no going alone.


“Jessica, you and I will be buddies, Ashley and Lindsay you are together,” I said. I asked Jessica where she wanted to go. All of a sudden we heard another scream coming from the kitchen. There Ashley stood staring at Lindsay’s dead body. She had been electrocuted by turning on the faucet; one of the electrical wires had been cut and placed in the sink.


There was a knock at the door all of a sudden. Ashley felt around for the door; when she found it she looked through the peephole and all of a sudden BANG!!! She fell backwards and there was a bullet hole in her head. While this was going on Jessica had snuck away. We could hear laughing coming from the other side of the door that the gun had been shot from.


I heard another scream and ran towards it; Jessica had been stabbed in the head. I was the last one alive; I ran out the door and lived to tell of this horrid story. I found out that a kid named Bobby had been behind all of this. He ended up in juvie because he was a minor, so he got out a few months later.


I had moved because I was scared of him finding me. I kept moving around, never forming attachments to anyone for fear of a recurrence. Everywhere I went he found me and I would move again. Finally I just gave up and stayed in one place; I was tired of playing his game and I guess it took the fun out of because he didn’t kill me. I see him on the street sometimes when I’m out and about but he just leaves me alone. He’s probably just lying in wait until I decide to move again; which I will not be doing. I still don’t form relationships with people in fear that I will get attached and then they will die.


It’s been twenty years since that halloween party and everyday I feel so guilty about my friends deaths; if I wouldn’t have thrown that party they would all still be alive. Today is the anniversary of their deaths and I’m taking it really hard; I can’t even find the motivation to get out of bed. I just feel so guilty and lonely because after they died I had no friends and my constant moving never allowed me to make new friends or relationships. I am no longer a person; I’m a shell of my former self, just going through the motions.