What's The Difference? | Teen Ink

What's The Difference?

May 22, 2008
By Anonymous

For many years, people have believed that the non-vegetarian diet was the healthiest. Now, multiplying numbers of people are adopting the vegetarian diet as a part of a new lifestyle. We all know the main difference between vegetarians and non-vegetarians; non-vegetarians eat meat, and vegetarians don’t eat meat. But you might ask yourself, what’s the difference between the two, health-wise? Well, in a non-vegetarian diet, only 60% of its content is useful to the human body, and the rest of the 40% contains harmful and toxic products. Another difference is that the vegetarian diet contains dietary fibers, and the non-vegetarian diet doesn’t necessarily lack fiber, but you do have a greater chance of not getting as much as you would in the vegetarian diet. People who don’t get enough fiber are risking getting diseases such as coronary hernia, diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, dental caries and gallstones. The foods which contain fiber are cereals and grains, fruits with seeds, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, and many more. Many people believe the vegetarian diet to be much healthier than the non-vegetarian diet, though, it’s only an opinion. It all just depends on how well you eat. Just be sure, non-vegetarians, not to exceed your limits of eating meat and keep your diet well-balanced, and you’ll be just as healthy as the vegetarians.

Similar Articles


This article has 0 comments.