Failure is part of the plan | Teen Ink

Failure is part of the plan

By maseeha10 BRONZE, Johannesburg, Other
maseeha10 BRONZE, Johannesburg, Other

“aim for a’s!”, “go and study!”, “you’re always on your phone!”, “get of your xbox!”

I am certain we have all heard these lines in the past few years. Between the pressure we are facing in the present and the pressure that is placed on us for our futures, we barely have a minute to appreciate the little moments that bring us calmness. Nevertheless we have dreams of being successful and having careers that are defined as successful to society. But have you ever stopped to think about failure? Of course no one in their right mental state plans to fail at anything they dream of! But unfortunately we cannot control what happens in the future.

A failure is deemed to be worthless, incapable, unconventional and many other subjective words. However the millionaires of the modern world and the masterminds of the past have failed countless times over yet everyone only celebrates their success. I am sure everyone is familiar with Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Thomas Edison, and other great minds who have achieved greatness, but what we’re not familiar with is the amount of times they have failed due to many reasons whether it may have been personal or just a small glitch in the system.

Let’s be real, if something as small as a light bulb took over 10 000 tries and trials to be perfected, why do we strive so much to succeed on our first attempt? Failing really is

a stepping stone towards success. If we were to succeed in every aspect possible, we wouldn’t be who we are today. We wouldn’t have the goals, dreams and aspirations that linger the back of our minds all day long and neither would we have a sense of adventure or creativity in us.

Failure is not all  that bad. It helps us to learn from our mistakes, understand our weaknesses and grow in every way possible to become better versions of ourselves.

That is why failure should be part of the plan but we should never plan to fail.