Art | Teen Ink

Art

Art

Art, it has many types and forms that can be enjoyed by everyone. It is the most influential obsession I’ve had in my life. After moving 1700 miles away from home, my life had turned upside down. I felt as if I had nothing, and no one. I felt invisible in such a new place. This is when I realized what I could not live with out, and that is art! I enjoy music, which is art to the ears. Music is an amazing thing, because there are so many different genres. It’s something that will always be there for you. There is a song for every mood that you’re in. The best feeling in the world is when you can hear a song, and it changes your life. When you can hear it, and just relate to every word, and beat that’s being expressed. So much feeling, life, and experience is poured into music. It makes it a beautiful thing. Another type of art form that has me passionate is drawing. Sometimes words are not enough, and expression can only be spoken by paper and a pencil. A drawing, can say so much more than words. It can provoke thoughts, ideas, and feelings that would be impossible to create with just words. One piece of art can be interpreted in many different ways. It can mean one thing to one person, and something else to another. When you create a work of art that you know people will look at, and it will alter their whole reality, is such an amazing feeling. Last but not least, sometimes words are exactly what you need to express. Writing is another one of my infatuations. When I had such thought provoking ideas, I let it all out with ink. Sometimes I feel so inspired by something that has happened in my life that I just need to get it down. I write to get all my individual thoughts collected. To sum it all up, art is my passion. Art can change lives, provoke thought, and cause a little bit of chaos. If just one piece of art can get someone thinking, your job as an artist is truly accomplished.

"This will certify that the above work is completely original."