Life isn't easy but we all get through it! | Teen Ink

Life isn't easy but we all get through it!

June 10, 2012
By JackieMena1 DIAMOND, Bellflower, California
JackieMena1 DIAMOND, Bellflower, California
59 articles 9 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"life can always bring you down but always try hard to work around the problem and find a solution" -Jackie Mena


Everyone has that certain thing that they hate about themselves, and if you're the person that hates everything about yourself well, then there is a problem. Here are some steps to make you think and to put a positive spin on your life and everyone else around you.

1. think of what you're selling and use it to the fullest extent. Now, when I say the word selling I don't mean as if you were to sell something, what i really mean is look for the best part about you is. Whether it's for Ex: (your eyes your butt or your teeth etc ..) Think of what really makes you happy about yourself. What thing about yourself do you love, and highlight it. This will make you feel confident and use it to its fullest extent.

2. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself what you hate about yourself. Now it seems a bit odd i know that you've heard the saying: look at yourself in the mirror say what you love about yourself blah blah blah blah blah... We are going to be doing the opposite for a reason of a little thing called reverse psychology. You know that reverse psychology when you tell the person to do the complete opposite of what you want them to do.. Key word reverse. By getting yourself to say what you hate about yourself will get you to not like it more but to make you not want that now I'm saying to say it and then once you say it you feel like a complete s*** and you go get a drink afterwards. NO! I'm saying to tell yourself to say it so that you hear how stupid it sounds. Yes, everyone goes through their " i hate myself stage" but once you realize that the things you hate are completely obsered you will learn to love that part about yourself, they are called your flaws for a reason, those flaws those very flaws make you beautiful. Yeah you can call bulls*** on that but it's true.

3. once you've done those two steps i want you to look at yourself and Appreciate what you've got. you have greater problems than what you face everyone goes through the same thing. Whether it's feeling ugly or fat or just hating your life .. ugh you're not alone!! life is full of hardships and you can overcome it. Everyone has their certain hardship, but if it is taking over your life then talk to someone whether it is a friend or a parent or your wife or girlfriend or boyfriend whom ever it may be. If they really love you they will listen. The first step to overcoming any problem that you have in front of you is to face it. And to believe in yourself, even if no one believes in you, believe in yourself. Once you do that you can overcome any thing and achieve anything you set your mind and your goals to. it's easier said than done, but do it. Life will be so much better if you let your fears aside and go with the flow. I encourage you to do so.


The author's comments:
This is a piece about life and conquering your obstacles