Students Vacation Over Thanksgiving Break | Teen Ink

Students Vacation Over Thanksgiving Break

By lane kohl BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
lane kohl BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Thanksgiving break started on November 27th and went through the 29th. The school week was only two days long, which gave students and their families the opportunity to go on a short vacation for the five day weekend. Sophomores Kristen and Sarah both went on an out of state vacation.

Boucher went to Marco Island in Florida. “We left Tuesday in the afternoon, after school, and came back Sunday night,” Kristen says.

Both girls didn’t have that much homework over their break.

“I brought my backpack, but didn’t do any homework because I was out on the ocean and on the beach a lot jet skiing,” Kristen says.

“I had homework, but it wasn’t too much. I brought it on the plane and finished it all,” Sarah says.

“I was gone for six days. We left for Vegas on Tuesday and came back on Sunday,” says Sarah.

Sarah says she spent time with her parents and had fun going out to dinner and events during the day and night.

Sarah and Kristen say, Thanksgiving break treated them well because they both went out of state and had what they said was a peaceful and relaxing.

“I would recommend that students should go somewhere fun with their families and friends over Thanksgiving break,” Sarah says.