Dear Meat Eaters... | Teen Ink

Dear Meat Eaters...

By purplediamonds GOLD, Closter, New Jersey
purplediamonds GOLD, Closter, New Jersey

Dear meat eaters,

Some of you may think that we vegetarians are forcing our opinions on you. Here is the truth: we’re not. For example, if you are reading this and you are a meat eater, you may become offended if I criticize you for eating the corpse of something that was once living and felt pain. Then, you may continue to lash out by spewing a plethora of useless words that mean nothing to us. So if I am forcing my opinions onto you, then you are suggesting that you cannot think for yourself, and are therefore worthless. I’m sorry that I’m doing something that reduces my risk of heart disease, multitudes of cancer, and low blood pressure. I’m so very sorry that I’m not eating that hamburger, therefore lowering the demand of meat and saving around 10,000 gallons of water. Yes, you read this right. It takes around 4,000 to 18,000 gallons to produce a single hamburger. Raising animals for food uses more than one half of all water used in the U.S. Also, did you know that 1/3 of all fossil fuels used in the U.S. got towards animal agriculture? We use 28% of fossil fuels for transportation. So, with very simple calculations, we can figure out that it is not cars that are creating global warming; it is that steak you’re eating. You may be asking yourself, how do I not know this? That is because most meat eaters are oblivious to the facts. I can assure you that everything I’m saying is true, and if you care enough to question me, you can do research and find that I am 100% right. Hey, do you want to hear another fun fact? We could feed 800,000,000 people with the vegetation that livestock eat. Yep, you read this right. Also, pigs are the smartest, cleanest domestic animals known. What about all that mud? They don’t have sweat glands, so pigs are forced to roll around in mud to stay cool. Pigs are more intelligent than your cats and dogs and human babies. They feel pain. I have an idea! Why don’t we brutally, mercilessly slaughter them so we can reduce are lifespan by about six years and become obese! See what I’m saying? Most humans have become oblivious and emotionally dead to the way animals are being killed and consumed. If you still want to eat meat. Then eat chicken. It consumes the least amount of fossil fuels and water. But when you’re eating that chicken, think about the pain it went through to get on your plate. So here are the facts. You get to decide what to do with them.

I can assure that everything said here is from a trusted resource. In the comments, try to defend meat eaters. Give me any reason on why you should eat meat. I will respond to every one.