Pro-Gun Control | Teen Ink

Pro-Gun Control

February 16, 2016
By ShadowRosander BRONZE, La Push, Washington
ShadowRosander BRONZE, La Push, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm not telling you its going to be easy but I'm telling you its gonna be worth it"


Regulation of guns is a necessary action that needs to be taken in order to save lives.  A strong definition of gun control is needed to understand the sides and issues. Gun control is an effort to stop the increase in violent crimes by strengthening the laws on the ownership of weapons.  People in the group against gun control believe that gun control is wrong, and that it is a violation of constitutional rights. Those in favor of gun control believe that gun control is good for society that the Second Amendment does not apply to regular citizens, and that guns should be taken out of the hands of criminals.


Over 30 people die a day due to gun violence, gun control won’t stop criminals because criminals will always find a way to purchase weapons, but if gun control can limit their ways of getting weapons then we can saves more lives (Milligan). The tragic things that happen when young or older people possess weapons is intolerable. A young boy walked into his school with his musical instrument case and took out a shot gun instead of an instrument, shot and injured two of his class mates. Then a retired police officer was watching a movie while a fellow movie goer was texting on his phone during the movie, this retired police officer went over to this movie goer and shot him dead because he was disrupting the movie. My point is all of this could have been avoided if that child’s parents were more concerned enough to keep their guns locked up, and if there were certain rules for bringing weapons into a movie theater. A man who was assumed to be troubled was able to purchase a weapon without any background checks, later on he then opened fire at an Indiana grocery store, killing two people with a semi-automatic weapon.


Citizens should be limited to in which they are allowed to buy and own weapons. A question that seems appropriate to ask is “would you buy a lion to protect your family?” No, because the same lion you bought to protect your family could easily kill your family or any other innocent people around you. So why buy a gun? Gun control would prevent people from doing what is most known when it comes to weapons, and that’s harm. Stand up for Gun Control, save lives.

 



Works Cited
Milligan, Susan. “We need gun control to stop more than criminals.” Usnews.com. 2014/1/16. Http://www.usnews.com . 2/1/16


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this article was to express my opinion on this matter, plzz comment and like!