Helix Universe Theory | Teen Ink

Helix Universe Theory

January 8, 2019
By tenaciousScribe BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
tenaciousScribe BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope. The death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender.


There’s something that’s been bothering me ever since I started watching documentaries about theoretical astrophysics. All the information that’s been passed on just doesn’t add up. It’s all very simple, but the second it’s put together, it all seems to fall apart. If the universe was created from a single event, which can be compared to popping a balloon, there would be matter and creation going in every way possible. As we know, from observing the heavens, the universe goes counterclockwise, everything is moving to the right. But if the universe started off with that sort of bang, then shouldn’t there be at least some proof of a galaxy spinning clockwise? There is absolutely no evidence that space matter, galaxies, and other space material, travel in any other direction. Black holes suck up billions of stars, but where does that material go? In a 10x10 cube? Make it as dense as you want, but everything that can’t be destroyed can’t be stored in this ‘infinitely small point’.
   

I have my own idea, something that makes more sense to me, even though it’s impossible for me to prove it. I believe that there are many plains to our universe, all on different levels from each other, all of them joined together, resembling an enormous helix wheel that travels counterclockwise. On these plains, no matter where you are, you will always appear to be in the center. Galaxies will continue to spread into eternity, and you’ll always find yourself back where you started.
   

Along with this, there is also a helix of antimatter universes, which is an exact copy of this one, the only difference, of course, is being how it’s made up of antimatter. It links with our own and together creates something that resembles chain links, although they never physically meet. When these chain links are closest to each other, it creates a strong gravitational force that brings the universal plains closer together. This force is what keeps both of the universe helixes spinning. On the opposite side of this giant helix, the plains are much more spaced apart. When there is no antimatter interference, it’s possible to travel from one level to another through wormholes when they open up.
In the case of black holes on our plain, all that matter that’s been sucked into the black hole would create a nebula in the nearest plain above us or below us. When we see a nebula in our plain, that is the space debris from another plain being brought to ours. Although, if there is a black hole discharging its material, and said material touches antimatter in between the two plains, both the material and antimatter will be permanently destroyed from the interaction. This can be a solid explanation for the giant swaths of void that have been detected by our orbiting telescopes. As in, the black holes that were created in plains of antimatter have touched matter in our universal plain and turned everything in that area into energy, all flying off into the universe. Voids are created when a lack of matter in the area causes galaxies to move away, but what got rid of that matter in the first place?
   

When we watched a documentary in school, they stated that, during the big bang, both matter and antimatter were created. What existed of those two collided, but it just so happened that there was just enough matter for the rest of the universe to be created. But why wouldn’t there be an equal amount of antimatter to annihilate matter? And when the two interact, the result is a violent explosion of energy, but what happened to that energy? According to Einstein's equation, E=mc2, something has to happen to that energy, be it continuing on into who knows where, or eventually become matter once again, far from where it once was. And saying that energy is neutral in the terms of being ‘anti’ or not, it could end up going anywhere, into an antimatter plain, another matter plain, somewhere in the current plain.


Along with the above mentioned antimatter-induced voids, superclusters of stars and galaxies could’ve been developed from the nebulae the were deposited there. And saying that, if it’s large enough, a star creates a supernova and leaves a nebula behind, then the place where the black hole has deposited the matter can continue to create stars at a steady rate. Combine these three, and there’s a reason to explain these ‘growing’ voids apart from saying that they fuse together to make a larger void. Nothing has no gravitational attraction, therefore can’t fuse together and can’t grow in the normal sense of the word.
   

Like many theories in astrophysics, I can’t prove that another universe of antimatter exists, or that there are different plains of this universe, or that many voids were created by beams of antimatter, or even that the supercluster that we live in is the result of the above and a black hole in a different plain dumping its stardust on us. But, as the Big Bang Theory suggests, we would have enough iterations to get it right, enough cycles to find the sweet spot. Besides, in something that’s existed before anything can even comprehend, you have an infinite amount of time and an infinite amount of chances to get just what you need to create a world filled with life. And saying that there’s still a lot of time, who says that the mark hasn’t been hit elsewhere?


The author's comments:

   I've been taught to question everything that I encounter, to see it for what it is, to find where something can be improved. Ever since I was a young child, I've loved science for all it is, and I especially loved astronomy. The field of the theoretical is also a place that I love to explore, to ask 'What if?' and look for answers that might anchor it down in the world we live in. 

   The universe seems too vast to be assigned a beginning, or even an end. And as we look to the stars and try to find an answer to that, we have tunnel vision on finding that beginning, on chasing that one answer. Now that the Big Bang Theory has been accepted, no one seems to be chasing after it any longer. No one seems to be pushing the field, no one seems to add to the waters. Innovation comes from a constant stream of new ideas, we only got our current theories from the revision and rethinking of the previous ones. To not contribute to a science with new ideas and letting the field grow stagnant is as close to the death of a study as I can imagine. Yes, I might be wrong, but so can the Big Bang Theory, so can anyone else, we just can't know yet. 

   I'm just a kid that wants to break the awkward silence in a room full of people with things to be said. The discussions of this aren't necessarily going to stay within this topic, but maybe this can inspire a different idea, or even convince someone else to say something that they've been wanting to say for a while. 

-Linh Giakonoski-Shpato