Doctors | Teen Ink

Doctors

January 22, 2019
By audreykelley BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
audreykelley BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Doctors face more problems than they can handle everyday. Not many people have the dedication to go and do about 8 years of college. Meaning they're aren't a lot of doctors and so multiple lives are getting lost because doctors can only do so much and go so fast. As a kid my dream has always been to become a doctor and in life I try my best to succeed my dreams. The reasons why I want to be a doctor is foster kids, money, and to help people.The most important reason why I want to become a doctor is to help foster kids.

When I become a doctor I can help foster kids in so many different ways. Foster kids make me want to reach my goal of becoming a doctor even more. As most of us know foster kids are always so down and want nothing to do with anything anymore. Some may be wondering what does becoming a doctor have anything to with foster kids? Well for one when I become a doctor I can always give the care they need in the medical field because in most cases foster kids can’t really get the medical care they need because of money expenses and other things. Also, doctors make a lot of money and they don't ever really have time off to spend so that's just thousands of dollars piling up. With all the money I make as a doctor I can give some of it to help the foster kids out. Possible even get them a few things they want for fun to make life easier. The second reason I want to become a doctor is for the money.

          On average doctors make 19,500 dollars a month and as I mentioned  in the last paragraph doctors don't have time to spend the money they make. I can build my own dream house with all the money that I earn I can put in a indoor gym, indoor pool, have one floor for partying, and make it where anyone can drive mini go karts around the house. I have wanted so many different cars growing up as a kid but as some people know brand new cars are expensive, so I could never get a brand new car. But with all the money I make as a doctor I can buy not one but 7 or more, who knows. I can buy all the clothes I want and finally be able to get all the name brands I want or have wanted. Also, I'm going to feel so good about myself knowing that it’s my money and I earned every penny of it and no one can say “ I GOT THAT WITH MY MONEY I CAN TAKE IT RIGHT BACK! “ Lastly, the third reason reason I want to be a doctor is to help people.

 My great great grandmother had a very bad accident one day I still remember it like it was yesterday. I was over at her house visiting her with my brother and grandparents. She was supposed to stay in bed it was doctor's orders. As I was walking into the room she was up, fell and hit her head superbad. I ran over to make sure she still had a pulse and then after checking I immediately called 911. After I got off the phone with them I yelled for my grandpa and told him what happened and how I responded. We all ran back into the room doing everything we could until the ambulance got there. The ambulance came and got her then we got in the car and followed them. The doctors took her immediately into surgery. Doctors did everything they could and because of that they saved her life. I've been forever grateful for doctors since then. I want to help people the same way they did with my great great grandmother.

Doctors make a good amount of money, can help foster kids in a way, and save lives. Doctors face more problems than they can handle a day, not many people have the dedication to go and do about 8 years of college. About 6 years ago my brother and a few of his friends were playing around climbing on the trees in our backyard. My brother wanted to look all cool and tried climbing to the top super fast. As he was going up at this speed he wasn't paying any attention and stepped on a bad branch. He fell from about 10 feet up and when he hit the ground it knocked the breath out of him. We grabbed him, put him in the car and rushed him to the ER. After they committed my brother they learned he had a broken neck and fractured rib cage. They gave him some medications, ran some more test, and gave him a neck brace. Then the moved on to banding up his rib cage. All of these stories and examples are reasons why I wanna achieve my dream of becoming a Doctor.