Why Should People Care About The Environment? | Teen Ink

Why Should People Care About The Environment?

By alyssamille2384 BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
alyssamille2384 BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon

Listen up! Caring about the environment is important! While some people think it's a future problem, we should actually take care of our environment now because we need to keep it clean, to help the homeless and make it more safe. It's important that we take care of our home!

First,  people should care more about the environment because we need to keep it clean because animals are being affected by it. You should keep it clean because the wildlife could be affected by it, because It can affect the animals airways or fill up their stomachs, causing them to die or starve. Which is bad because that  could cause lots of animals to go extinct and that's bad for the planet. And 0.01 and 0.1% go extinct each year. Extinction affects the food chain. It could cause pollution, and that's not good for the environment, because it can damage crops, trees and cause lung conditions in humans and animals. And it could cause farms to close and we will have no fresh produce to see and eat.

Second,  people should care about the environment so we can prevent more homeless. We should help the homeless in any way we can. Even though we might not have the money ourselves, anything can help. Like we can tell them about places that can help. And about food banks and places they can find work which could help a lot. A little help goes a long way even if you don't have the time or way to help, just saying something can make a change in their lives and that's all they need. We should help because they are struggling to get on their feet or need help finding  housing, which we can help even if it's small, like there are so many Agencies that could help.We could volunteer or donate clothing.  There are more than 1,811  people in Oregon who will go homeless in 2024, and that is sad to think about because they might not have any family members to reach out to and that is upsetting.  How much do we spend on the homeless annually? How could that money go to environment preservation? 

Third, people should care about the environment because it needs to be more safe. Although people might think the environment's already safe there's a lot of things that make it unsafe. Like parents not paying attention when they're kids are playing outside which leads to many kidnappings, around 200,000 kids get abducted each year in the U.S. And there is  a way to stop all the abductions: just watch your kids and make sure they are safe and never let them talk to strangers.  Even though there are lots of signs saying the speed limit, a lot of people don't follow the speed limits. But if you're in the school zone the speed limit should be 20 mph and not a lot of people use the speed limit, which is very dangerous because there might be kids walking on the cross walks. And this causes lots of car crashes and in Oregon right now more than 552 people die in a year from car crashes, that's a lot of people in only 1 year. Some people say there is no point in taking care of the earth anymore. That's not true because if we take care of the earth now it wont become destroyed. Also if we take action now the earth and nature can evolve.

Why should people be more engaged in caring about the environment? In conclusion, if you take more care of our environment it will make less problems and less things to worry about in the future. So my point on making this is to tell people about our problems almost every day and to share my experiences and my thoughts on this topic.

my peace is about our environment and how we can change it and make it a better place for all of us.