How You Can Succeed In Middle School  | Teen Ink

How You Can Succeed In Middle School 

By CharleeFerguson BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
CharleeFerguson BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon

"Dont pretend to be you, be you."

Have you ever watched drama in a movie or maybe in a TV show? Well it's not only in the shows and movies, it happens in real life and a lot more than you think it especially happens in middle school.Although some people may say drama is cool and fun to be a part of, you should stay out of drama because it can affect your mental health, friendships, and you can get into trouble.

During your 6th grade year, you may face some challenges. There are multiple different things you should look forward to facing during this upcoming school year, but the thing you should focus on the most is who you surround yourself with and what type of people they are, and the type of person you want to be. You may be told that gossiping is cool or fun to be a part of, but in reality there is no reason you should be apart if it. Drama can affect your friendships especially if you were to say something bad about someone, like a friend. It could get back to them very easily because what people do is talk and they do it a lot even if you think you can trust them you should be careful. I’ve been told a rumor, and told the person it was about so people started to not trust me anymore because of that. But it’s better to tell a teacher than who the rumor is about because if you were to tell the person it was about it would escalate the situation.

You should stay out of drama in middle school because it can affect your mental health. You could be a part of a drama you don't want to be a part of and it can hurt you and your mental health badly if the drama escalates. It could also affect your mental health by someone gossiping about you or making some type of rumor about you that isn't true but everybody believes that it is. I’ve had some issues with rumors being made about me that aren't true at all and I actually got in trouble because of it, and so did the other person once they found out it wasn't true. You can feel a lot of guilt after gossiping about someone or making a rumor about someone because it's a bad thing to do but you might not realize it, and want to be like everyone else. Put yourself in the perspective of the person you might gossip about, they probably feel the same way you feel when the roles are reversed.

Another reason you shouldn't get into drama in middle school is because you can get into a lot of trouble. You can gossip,make a rumor, or anything of that type and you could get suspended or even worse depending on how bad that situation is. One time I made a rumor about somebody which I regretted instantly because I got in school suspension which is not fun at all, and I had to apologize to that person right after I got out of the suspension. But we actually became friends after that because we both realized we were better than a stupid rumor made out of envy and jealousy. Most of the time, people make others miserable because they're sad with themselves and that's what I was. That's exactly why I said that about the other person.

Some people may say drama is a good thing to be a part of, however you should stay out of drama because it can impact you, and the people around you. It can impact you by making you feel bad about yourself, depressed, guilty, and sometimes it can make you anxious because you don't want other people to know you are talking bad about them. It can impact others by making them sad,mad, or confused because they may think of you as a friend. 

The reasons I provided give you a great outlook on how drama can affect you and others during your 6th grade school year, and middle school in general. Don’t destroy yourself  by getting influenced by bad people.  There's consequences I’ve faced for being a part of the drama and gossip, it won’t make your year better by being a part of it. I taught myself to have fun in school and focus on the good things and the good people not the bad things and the bad people, you should live by that quote too during 6th grade it will help you a lot more then you might think.