"The human lot is to try and fail" | Teen Ink

"The human lot is to try and fail"

By Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York
Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York

"Just Do It"
- Nike
"An eye for an eye only makes the world blind"
- Ghandi

“It is the human lot to try and fail.” What this quote means is that if you try then chances of you failing are slim to none. This quote is very agreeable. This quote is agreeable because if you don’t try then there is a higher chance of you failing. Even though, most people don’t actually try they sometimes will succeed in what they’re attempting at, but when you try, you won’t have to worry about failing as much as if you don’t try.

In the play Death of a Salesman Willy Loman is the main character. He tries so hard to prove to other people that his son Biff is a huge big shot at everything. Also in the play Death of a Salesman, Happy is trying to make Biff look like he’s a total big shot. For example, when Willy, Happy and Biff are supposed to have dinner at a Restaurant Happy tells a beautiful girl that Biff was on the New York Giants when he really wasn’t.

Meanwhile in the play Romeo and Juliet Romeo tries to love Juliet but they’re in opposite sides of the rivalry. But, Romeo keeps failing. Also in the play Romeo and Juliet, Juliet is trying to love Romeo. But her parents don’t like the other side, the family that Romeo belongs to. But in the end they both die because they tried too hard.

As you can, the human lot is to try and fail. Like in the plays Romeo and Juliet and Death of a Salesman the families try and fail. If you don’t try like in these two plays, you have a higher chance of failing than if you do try. And there’s a less chance of you being unsuccessful if you actually try.