Vice to Virtue | Teen Ink

Vice to Virtue

By reillybrandt BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
reillybrandt BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

I am certainly not perfect and I do not think anyone is. We all have many vices that hinder us. Along with my many vices, I specifically have the tendency to be materialistic. Being materialistic is my vice and it is not something that I am proud of. For reference, someone who is materialistic is excessively concerned with material possessions and money. This means I like having nice things. I spend too much time focussing on material things in life rather than not material things. I am working on this by trying to embrace moments and making memories rather than getting stuff that will not mean anything to me ten years from now. Working on this vice is helping me connect with more people, making me more virtuous. “M” represents my vice of materialistic.

Along with my many vices, I also have a lot of virtues. I am very motivated and this is one of the many virtues that I have been blessed with. From a young age, I have always been motivated to do well in school. I am still motivated by my dreams for the future to achieve good grades. Having a good occupation and going to a good college motivates me to be my best self and to strive for greatness. I am a very motivated person and stay on top of all my work. Though, my virtue does not just help me. Whenever my friends are slacking off talking about how they do not care if they fail something I re-motivate them to do well. Just like “M” represents my vice, it also represents my virtue, motivated.