My bully is my best friend | Teen Ink

My bully is my best friend

For over a year now, I have had my first best friend since middle school. I'm not good at making friends, and I'm really not good at social interaction, so the fact that I have one is amazing at all, but the thing is, she's a bully. When she doesn't get her way she pouts and she whines and throws a fit. She leaves me feeling unwanted and alone as if she wasn't even my friend at all. I don't know how to fix it. For example, I really don't want to go to my project grad which is like everyone that's a senior pulling an all-nighter together and we can't leave for the whole night. I hate things like that and I'm not good at social situations so I really am not comfortable doing things like that and she is angry at me and won't talk to me and is trying to guilt me into going. How do I say no if losing her is so easily done? 

100% the truth and 100% my life. 

abi29410 said...
abi29410, Hanahan, South Carolina
Confront her about her qualities that make you feel bad as her friend. She can't know what to fix if no one tells her what she needs to fix. It's better to be alone for some time than to have toxic friends who could be the reason you only have them as a friend.