OBSERVE freely, ABSORB mindfully. | Teen Ink

OBSERVE freely, ABSORB mindfully.

By Penned__ideas SILVER, Chandrapur, Other
Penned__ideas SILVER, Chandrapur, Other

“Writers use their words as Pixie Dust & do Wonders.”

Observation is a skill that everyone must possess since it enables you to get a better outlook of your niche. However, at times, you tend to imbibe these observatories into you. It’s good. But inculcation of everything without having its connotation is where you call for trouble. Looking and Observing are 2 different prospects. When you see with your eyes, you look. But when you see with your mind, you observe. You shouldn’t perceive everything you see. Also, you shouldn’t be conscious about observing only goodness. Never. It is because, as a moral citizen, it is necessary for you to face negativity and make sure it doesn’t spread. Moreover, it is not the sight that you title as adequate or inadequate. It is your thinking ability and control over your subconscious mind to decide what to imbibe and what not. For instance, you see a kid helping an old man and you decide to inhibit this value. This is a sign of “good observation and good absorption.” On the other hand, you see a kid littering environment and you imbibe this trait. This will be “ good observation and bad absorption.” People these days, are taking undue advantage of this skill or are totally unaware of it. I have heard kids saying- “Don’t scold us if we learn stealing from a crime thriller because we were OBSERVING the crime scene.” I have heard elders saying “ what will the kid learn seeing us fight this way or watching a crime thriller? ” Why? Is the kid not sensible enough to comprehend the variation between a movie and real life? The elders of the family must make sure the child understands what he/she must inculcate from the surrounding and what not. Also we, as children, must act a little sane in analysing the situation in front of us and imbibe only morally apt traits. It is an absolute responsibility of everyone to face the reality. One must definitely be present in a negative crowd and keenly observe their actions. Let your mindfulness capture their activities and then run your horses of mind to banish those anti-social elements from the world. Stop being a chameleon and act like a human. Be judicious and adapt only what you are ought to. OBSERVE freely, ABSORB mindfully.