What the United States Flag Stands For | Teen Ink

What the United States Flag Stands For

By rjones16 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
rjones16 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

We find it on government buildings, souvenirs referring to the great country, many people's homes, and in the school building where we cite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning. It is a symbol ingrained in all Americans, including me. It makes Americans feel that we live in a united country and will always be strong and supportive even through the rough times we may encounter.

The flag is more than the color of red, white, and blue and the shapes of 50 stars and 13 stripes. This symbol of the United States has been with our history for many years. To me it represents our unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that men have so tirelessly fought for and keep fighting for. 

People of this country come from different races, religions, political beliefs, etc. People come here for better career options, freedom, safety, and a better life. We come together to create the United States of America. Representing all the people is the glorious flag that waves so effortlessly.

The United States is the great name of our beautiful and strong country. The flag to me is a representation of us, the people, the people who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom, and the magnificent place we get to call home.