School Board | Teen Ink

School Board

By kaitlyn1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
kaitlyn1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Arrowhead School Board:
Please know that the entire school body is deeply distraught over the new dress code. We understand that you would like us to prepare for the workforce, but we are not in the workforce yet. Students need to express their individuality and you as a school board have been able to elicit a response from us that is not very positive. Students are not going to tolerate this new dress code since you didn’t inform us first.
There seems to be an acrimonious debate going on between the school board and the student body. Why can’t we all get along and be together for what is best for everyone. You are causing pernicious danger to the students who can’t afford dress clothes in this economy. What we are asking here is impunity from the dress code! It was egregious of the school board to impose this new dress rule on the students and we as a student body want to retaliate.
You may construe from this letter that we are extremely upset with your decision, but we are willing to work this out in a professional manner. As a school board, your duplicity of actions has us quite confused. I truly believe that the paucity of people supporting this new dress code will be enough to reverse it.