Dear Best Friend | Teen Ink

Dear Best Friend

April 22, 2013
By thatonefierygirl4455 BRONZE, Fremont, Michigan
thatonefierygirl4455 BRONZE, Fremont, Michigan
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear best friend, thank you. You're the best best friend I could ever ask for. You listen to me complain about the same things over and over. I know it sometimes annoys you and your patience with me runs thin. But you try your best to hide it and that's all I can ask you to do. I know you get sick of me talking about what's-his-face all the time. And I know you're tired of repeating the same advice over and over. But please, bear with me. I really like him and I just can't seem to help myself. And understand that that's what it's like for me when you have a boyfriend. You're there for me throughout the good and the bad times. When I'm feeling down, you do the best you can to cheer me up. Even if you're in a bad mood yourself. You know you can always come to me when you're feeling brokenhearted. It's the least I can do. Because you're always there for me; heartbreak after heartbreak. I've cried on your shoulder more than once. Boys can really be jerks. And girls can easily become backstabbers. But when my life is a mess and I feel all alone, you swoop in and save the day. You show me that I'm not alone and that I can always count on you to be there for me. You're my proof that there's still good in this world. We have had our share of rough times, though. We've fought more times than I care to admit. It's usually over the smallest, most insignificant things too. And then, we're both too stubborn to apologize. That's like admitting defeat. But in the end, one of us always caves. Because we value our friendship more than some stupid fight. We did have a falling out at the beginning of this year. Those were some pretty dark days for me. When I was having a bad day at school, you weren't there for me to run to. You weren't there to help me solve my problems. Surviving the school day was hard. Nights were even worse and weekends were lonely. I found back-up friends, but they weren't the same. I couldn't confide in them. Nothing was the same anymore. It felt like I'd lost a sister. I guess neither of us could live without our best friend, though, because here we are today. Best friends again. It was scary losing you, my best friend. I never want it to happen again. I mean, who would do random, spontaneous, and reckless things with me? Who else would take trips with me? Who else would I have deep conversations with at four in the morning? You're irreplaceable, best friend, and I hope you never forget it. After all, you're stuck with me until the day I die. You're a true friend and MY best friend for life.