Actor - Kristen Stewart | Teen Ink

Actor - Kristen Stewart MAG

At 16, Kristen Stewart is not afraid of intense roles, including Jodie Foster's daughter in “Panic Room,” the protagonist in “Speak,” and a troubled teen in “The Messengers.” This month, “In the Land of Women” opens with Kristen playing a teen dealing with high school, peer pressure, and a difficult relationship with her mother. The film also stars Meg Ryan and Adam Brody.

In “In the Land of Women,” you are a painter, but what are your real-life hobbies?

I read a lot of books, and I'm a writer. That's what I'm mainly into. I just love putting the words together. I'm really in love with words. I play guitar; I love going to shows. I'm kind of a homebody.

What is your favorite book?

I actually have two. I just finished Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, which was really intense. The other is The Stranger by Albert Camus, that was heavy.

You've worked with Jodie Foster and now Meg Ryan. How were those experiences?

So different. I was little when I worked with Jodie, so I wasn't taking notes. Just being around someone like that for months when you're so young and such a sponge ... she probably affected the way I work.

Jodie doesn't take things too seriously, she just acts. I mean, of course, she thinks about it, but Meg takes things very seriously - in the best way. You can tell she really cares about her work a lot, and that's really important.

In terms of acting styles, was it very different working with Meg, Adam and Makenzie Vega?

They were all so different. Working with Adam and Makenzie was a lot of fun, but my scenes with Meg were intense. There was a lot of tension between us, a lot of distance. I liked working with her; I felt we were both very satisfied with what came out. After a scene with Meg it was like, “Oh, we nailed it.”

What is your relationship with your mother like? Will your new movie help mothers and daughters better understand each other?

I'm really lucky, because I have a picture-perfect relationship with my parents. But I definitely see my friends in Lucy and her mom's relationship, I feel like that dynamic is very typical. This movie will open people's eyes.

How do you choose roles?

It's always different. The movies I've been interested in have been because of the prospect of working with the filmmaker and a certain director. Sometimes I'll do a movie because there are one or two scenes I really want to do, something that's different. I think it's important to do movies that are worth watching, something that makes you think.

If you weren't acting, what would you do?

I would want to write screenplays. But, if I had to have a practical job, if acting fell through, I couldn't imagine working anywhere but on a movie set. I would want to work in props or the art department.

What advice would you give others interested in acting?

If there is anything you really want to do, you have to give it a shot. Otherwise you're going to hold onto it forever and just regret it. You should have no regret.

People always ask actors for advice and it's like wow, you're asking us? I don't know how enlightening we can be. We're just people.

Halcoyn BRONZE said...
Halcoyn BRONZE, Navi Mumbai, Other
Bella is too deflated a character for Kristen to play. i mean, she's one actress who knows what she is doing and has great spunk and fire in her. i'm in love with her indie movies...and all of them see kristen in a different avatar.

Bookworm1997 BRONZE, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

You cannot open a book without learning something. -Confucious

Nice piece, but I think Kristen is a bland actress. Her always bored expression is tiring, but I can not blame her for Bella, as that is not her fault. She did the best with what she had to work with...which was a very poor script based off a very poor novel.

LiteCloud BRONZE, N/A, New York

"Evil happens when good people stand there and do nothing."

Kristen doesn't show any emotion..at all.

Santa said...
I love her. i liked BREAKING DAWNN!!!

Bambi67 SILVER said...
Bambi67 SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Dean Acheson

omg was this a real conversation with her or something made up??? i love her since the "panic room" now on twilight gosh she is awesome!!thanks for the review

ZohaBahir BRONZE, Karachi, Other

Even blood of blood seem to strike no resemblance until the hands and heart are locked up in stiff chains of adversity.

she realy needs professional acting classes.

dgreen24 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
I'm not a big fan of her but she is a great person:)!

Mari said...
I think her acting in Twilight sucked, but I really do like her as a person. She has an indearing personality and I love her style.

Eithil said...
the crappiest

TheHalfBloodPrincess BRONZE, Seria, Other
Crap actor. 

trey songs said...
yea i do to

Naomi518 GOLD said...
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" ~Albus Dumbledore

oops. I meant to hit reply on another comment haha.

Naomi518 GOLD said...
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

part* oops, typing too fast

Naomi518 GOLD said...
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

...people say she's terrible at the par because she is. it's not totally her fault though Stephanie Meyers (however you spell it, I don't really care) wrote Bella as an extremely boring person with no personality whatsoever. However, as a "professional actress," KStew should have put some of herself into the part.

Victoria.S BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

"Someday you will look back and know exactly why it had to happen."

My Friend is a singer who is popular on youtube, and she got the chance to meet Kristin Stewart so she got her phone #. We tried calling it but she didnt answer :( I love this interview!

wow bro u are like 17 why twilight

yessica said...
i like the interview

AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
I'm sorry but I don't like your acting though your interview is quite interesting and you're right, you love putting words together if you know what I mean.

on Jun. 17 2011 at 6:58 am
K.M.S.Shear BRONZE, Cherokee, Iowa

"Some people think writing is a waist of their time. For me it’s a way to draw an image of myself through the painting of words."

i liked the interview

Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Ug, I hated Zathura! It's UBER cheesy and a total rip-off of Gimongi (with Robin Williams) and though that's also cheesy, at least story is interesting.