Actor - Kristen Stewart | Teen Ink

Actor - Kristen Stewart MAG

At 16, Kristen Stewart is not afraid of intense roles, including Jodie Foster's daughter in “Panic Room,” the protagonist in “Speak,” and a troubled teen in “The Messengers.” This month, “In the Land of Women” opens with Kristen playing a teen dealing with high school, peer pressure, and a difficult relationship with her mother. The film also stars Meg Ryan and Adam Brody.

In “In the Land of Women,” you are a painter, but what are your real-life hobbies?

I read a lot of books, and I'm a writer. That's what I'm mainly into. I just love putting the words together. I'm really in love with words. I play guitar; I love going to shows. I'm kind of a homebody.

What is your favorite book?

I actually have two. I just finished Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, which was really intense. The other is The Stranger by Albert Camus, that was heavy.

You've worked with Jodie Foster and now Meg Ryan. How were those experiences?

So different. I was little when I worked with Jodie, so I wasn't taking notes. Just being around someone like that for months when you're so young and such a sponge ... she probably affected the way I work.

Jodie doesn't take things too seriously, she just acts. I mean, of course, she thinks about it, but Meg takes things very seriously - in the best way. You can tell she really cares about her work a lot, and that's really important.

In terms of acting styles, was it very different working with Meg, Adam and Makenzie Vega?

They were all so different. Working with Adam and Makenzie was a lot of fun, but my scenes with Meg were intense. There was a lot of tension between us, a lot of distance. I liked working with her; I felt we were both very satisfied with what came out. After a scene with Meg it was like, “Oh, we nailed it.”

What is your relationship with your mother like? Will your new movie help mothers and daughters better understand each other?

I'm really lucky, because I have a picture-perfect relationship with my parents. But I definitely see my friends in Lucy and her mom's relationship, I feel like that dynamic is very typical. This movie will open people's eyes.

How do you choose roles?

It's always different. The movies I've been interested in have been because of the prospect of working with the filmmaker and a certain director. Sometimes I'll do a movie because there are one or two scenes I really want to do, something that's different. I think it's important to do movies that are worth watching, something that makes you think.

If you weren't acting, what would you do?

I would want to write screenplays. But, if I had to have a practical job, if acting fell through, I couldn't imagine working anywhere but on a movie set. I would want to work in props or the art department.

What advice would you give others interested in acting?

If there is anything you really want to do, you have to give it a shot. Otherwise you're going to hold onto it forever and just regret it. You should have no regret.

People always ask actors for advice and it's like wow, you're asking us? I don't know how enlightening we can be. We're just people.

kristen,

i just want to say that I LOVE YOU!! i bet it was awesome working with Taylor Lautner and i luv you alot and tell him i luv him also! MY NAME IS GOBBER BOB!!

Lover ALG said...
Kristen I want to say that I LOVE YOU...............

izsings96 said...
i checked this too and I found no proof that they stole this.

shelbywearsprada33 BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

Do you have proof that you actually did the interview? I pasted this into the plagiarism checker and I believe you stole this.

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

So how did you get the interview?

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

Great Article and picture. I kind of want to watch some of those movies mentioned now. Awesome job.

YUNGCUPCAKE said...
KIRSTEN STEWART IS WACK

effortlesslove BRONZE, Westminster, Maryland

"A friend is someone who can sing the song in your heart when you have forgotten the words"i

Kristen seems just seems like a regular person, this open up my eyes about her.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

this is neat, i like your choice of questions and this isnt like all the other interviews ive read :-)

wingofangel SILVER, Rusillville, Alabama

It's all about the love. L.O.V.E. - Michael Jackson.

hey have u read all 4 book's i have only read new moon 2 time's.do u only like edward a.k.a robert pattinson becuz he's cute!!!!!!! or do u think he's a great actor or both or do u not think robert pattinson can act. i just wanted 2 no. & i do NOT!!!!! think that someone else could play that part beside's him.& that gose 4 kristen stewart 2 beacuse she can act 2. so there 2 evrybody!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

someegirl said...
I have to disagree, She is a good actress !

she did very good in twilight and new moon. and yes she is gorgeous.

RenaParis BRONZE, Cayce, South Carolina

"To each, its own"

I don't think that she's all that great of an actress, but to each its own :)

allie.vgr1994 SILVER, Manton, Michigan

"People die...so love them everyday,
Beauty fades...so look before it's gone,
Love Changes...but not the love you give,
And if you love, You will never be alone."

"Every day is hard,
Nobody knows how hard it is for me,
every day is kewl tho."

I agree with that...i wish I was as beautiful as her...or some other actress

allie.vgr1994 SILVER, Manton, Michigan

"People die...so love them everyday,

"Every day is hard,
Nobody knows how hard it is for me,
every day is kewl tho."

I agree with SmileSmileyy:) that edward isn't stakerish he just loves bella and doesn't want her to get hurt by other vampires including his family and himself....i love this series and it's one of my favorite's ever!!!!!!!!!!!! My library needs to open back up so I can read the last Medatior book...i really want to read it!!!!!!!!! Back to the subject I really think that Kristen Stewart is like almost da bomb man!!! I mean come on how can you not like twilight or any of Stephanie Meyer's books?

allie.vgr1994 SILVER, Manton, Michigan

"People die...so love them everyday,

"Every day is hard,
Nobody knows how hard it is for me,
every day is kewl tho."

Dude wingofangel I agree with you about the whole perfect Bella and Edward!!!!!!! A couple of people who go to my skewl think that edward should be played by sum 1 else, but i told them no way!!!!!! Robbert Pattison is very cute!!!! I wish my cowboy was as hott as him...i think that eclipse and Breaking dawn are going to be even better than new moon, and twilight.

what i think kristen stewart is such a purfect bella i don't think it's right. i also think robert pattinson is a purfect vampire a.k.a edward he is great & a awsome actor if u ask me so is kristen stewart she is one of my favorite actress. i seen new moon at my friend's house it was alright i did like it but i think that twilight is much better i like that one more.

Peace420 BRONZE, Williston, Florida
Dude, I love Kristen!!! She is really beautiful!

Lovejunky123 said...
Lovejunky123, East Meadow, New York
I liked Kristen in everything did, my fav. Adventureland and the Twilight saga

fuzzybootsrawr BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 1 photo 8 comments

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

i quite like her in speak and in the land of woman

juicyfan6 BRONZE, Mount Laurel, New Jersey

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." - J.K. Rowling

I didn't like Kristen too much in twilight, as Bella, but I thought she was quite good in The Messengers, and in other movies. I don't think she was suited to play Bella. But she's a good actress, overall.