2022 Educator of the Year:Ms.Lovette | Teen Ink

2022 Educator of the Year:Ms.Lovette

February 18, 2022
By AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
32 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
Look, I didn't want to be a halfblood."


My 2022 Educator of the Year nominee is Kimberly Lovette at Ocean Bay Middle School. She is our librarian and coaches the OBMS Battle of the Books team and OBTV crew. Always happy and joking around, she has to be one of the best educators in the school!


Ms.Lovette is always there when people need her. Whether it was needing a book suggestion or printing out last minute essays, she would help. For example, the robotics team needed last minute pictures printed in color, she came to the rescue! By the end of the day, it was printed and ready to go to the competition. Wearing a smile, she gave them the papers and told them she was here if they needed anything else. How she does it is a mystery that nobody will ever be able to solve.


Ms.Lovette is always a bundle of fun. During Battle of the Books practice, she sometimes brings doughnuts or hashbrowns to keep us energized. Sometimes after school, Ms.Lovette will let students stay in the library while waiting for their parents to show up. When she does, she usually jokes around with them or asks if they are reading any good books. Of course, that will get students talking if they weren’t before! 


Ms.Lovette works hard. Don’t you just hate it when a teacher gives you homework every night? Well, Ms.Lovette makes homework for herself. Since she is in charge of the Ocean Bay TV show, she has to edit it every night. It sometimes takes a couple of minutes to a couple of hours. Either way, she makes the videos look amazing and hilarious! As a student who did the editing once before, I know it takes a lot of hard work and a long time. Ms.Lovette truly works extra hard to make us laugh while watching OBTV.


In conclusion, Kimberly Lovette at Ocean Bay Middle School should be the 2022 Educator of the Year. She is a hard worker, a bundle of fun, and is always there for students and teachers. Ms.Lovette has to be the best librarian ever!


The author's comments:

Ms.Lovette had to be one of my favorite teachers in middle school!