Mr. Christian | Teen Ink

Mr. Christian

February 14, 2024
By destinybartol SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
destinybartol SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I nervously raised my hand and suggested, “What if you send ads to Arrowhead parents instead of students?” My face blushed as I felt a swarm of boys stare at me—I was one of few females in the engineering courses. 

Mr. Christian’s face lit up as he processed the thought I had shared. Then stating, “Please make sure you join Warhawk Manufacturing your senior year.”

Mr. Christian taught a variety of engineering and manufacturing classes at Arrowhead Union High School’s north campus, so I made sure to jump at Woods Production I and II which he taught.  

My expectations of Mr. C were surpassed the first day of my junior year. He was diligent, dependable, and determined to better the lives of all of his students. 

Any time I struggled or started falling behind in my projects, he always stepped in to guide me. Being one of the only females in the woods course made me hesitant to ask for help at the cost of embarrassment. Mr. Christian never made me regret asking for help. 

As course selection arrived, there it was—Warhawk Manufacturing. All this time and I still yearned to fulfill his request. I had eagerly filled out my application for the course and was ready to get to work. “Mr. C I applied for Warhawk, I hope you’re excited to see me everyday.” 

He chuckled, “of course.” 

Embarking on Warhawk Manufacturing was one of the best decisions I had made while being in high school. Mr. Christian taught me how to be responsible, reliable, and ready for everything life can throw at me. 

While I knew he was my favorite teacher, I didn’t realize he was soon to be a father, and now soon a father of two.  I learned this through one of my many talks with Mr. C when I needed help.  He gave me personalized advice and always told me to follow my heart. He felt like the father I never had.  Mr. Christian made me feel safe and like someone was there to protect me. 

During a time when I felt powerless, he too was upset for me. He too cared about the injustice. He was the only one who persistently asked, “how are you doing?”

I admired his passion for his career, the knowledge he holds, and his commitment to things he cares about. He devotes his time to better the lives of each and every student he encounters. I am forever grateful for the knowledge he gave me and the impact he left. Thank you Mr. Christian for teaching me how to stand up for myself and follow what feels right. 

I will forever remember the memories in Warhawk Manufacturing and woods with Mr. Christian.