Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

An educator is the most underpaid and unappreciated person in this country. They are the people that inspire, enlighten, and encourage youth to better their lives by expanding their knowledge and strengthening their brainpower. If it weren’t for a teacher that helped people like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates we would be nowhere near as technologically advanced as we are now. The greatest minds would have not been able to blossom the way the did if the didn’t have educators to rain on them with wisdom. These are the teachers that you can’t wait to go to their class and can’t help but pay attention, and my teacher Mr. Tenny Dewey has that class.

I have known about Mr. Dewey for quite a while because not only is he a teacher, he’s a football coach also, and a very good one at that. One of the reasons he is such a good coach is because he takes his knowledge in psychology and applies them to football. I had heard that he was a good teacher from other students but I didn’t expect him to be as good as he is. He is known for his singing and sudden outbursts to get the attention of students that may be sleeping. I had been used to these because he does it all the time on the football field. His teaching style is so unique and attention grabbing that even if you are tired in his class you don’t want to fall asleep. I hadn’t intended to take Advanced Placement Psychology but his class interested me so much that I enrolled in it the very next semester. I am now strongly thinking about majoring in psychology for college and I owe it all to Mr. Tenny Dewey.