Irene Michaels | Teen Ink

Irene Michaels

March 28, 2016
By Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York
Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York
92 articles 7 photos 105 comments

Favorite Quote:
Truth has many shades. It's not a matter of black and white, but many grays.


Mrs. Michaels is a teacher that specializes in tutoring and helping struggling kids at Madison-Oneida BOCES. given this fact, it isn't why she deserves recognition.

The reason that she should be recognised is the fact that she connects with students, co-workers, and the local communities.

She is one of the advisors for the student leadership and has overseen projects to spread awareness of suicide prevention, mental health and other things. She is constantly raising money for the food pantry and collecting clothes such as dresses, coats and warm hats and gloves; these of which go to people who'd otherwise have nothing to wear on cold days or to a school dance.

Mrs. Michaels also puts together easter baskets and christmas baskets and buys presents for people who can't afford to put presents under thneir tree for their kids.

She is a very emotional, loving peorson. She can feel what you feel, and she understands without you even needing to explain. She is empathetic, sympathetic and she just radiated warmth and love.

When  I am going through an emotional storm, she's there to ride it out with me. She honestly relates with me, and all of the students that pass through her door, for that matter.