Woo-TEN OUT OF TEN | Teen Ink

Woo-TEN OUT OF TEN

By Richcoca PLATINUM, Canoga Park, California
Richcoca PLATINUM, Canoga Park, California

Make as many as mistakes as you want, just don't make the same mistake.

Dr. Wooten has always been a mentor to us all in the Reseda Science Magnet. With her extensive knowledge in interdisciplinary fields, she can carry on an entire lecture in AP Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and can even lend advice on prom fashion. She constantly strives to include everyone in her everyday-teaching, even inviting some of them to opportunities such as the Amgen Biotech Experience and Santa Rosa Island. I owe to her almost my complete love for science. Through programs like the Amgen Biotech Experience, she has engaged multiple students to pursue research and get more training and opportunities. It actually makes many of us students eager to go to class!

After seeing this inspiration, she communicates with parents and fellow teachers and employs teaching methods that are spreading throughout the school and being effective. She selects a few to continue on to advance to more opportunities like DNA Barcoding. Through her philanthropic attitude, she has supported and donated to a variety of causes, promoting her school, Reseda High all the time.

She has won the admiration of not just I, but of all the students, administrators, and parents who know her. She has taught not only for more than 38 years but has also made life-long friends during this time. The relationships she has with her friends and collegues is something to aspire for and it is for this reason and so many more that she became a Walk of Hearts recepient. Her exceptional service beyond the bell is what makes Dr. Wooten one of the greatest teachers, but more importantly, greatest friends of all time.