Thank you, Veteran! | Teen Ink

Thank you, Veteran!

By highpoints64 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
highpoints64 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Vietnam Veteran,

I can’t imagine the bravery it takes to go overseas and fight for one’s country at such a young age. Most people at that age were just graduating high school, or college, or having a steady family life with a wife and children. But you were in Vietnam fighting for our country. And I thank you so much for your service!

My name is Kate and I am a junior in high school in Wisconsin. When I’m older, I want to work in the political arena or the environmental sciences. I also enjoy studying US Government and US History. My Grandpa served the Marines and was based in Hawaii. He knew my Grandma ever since he was five, and when he came home for Hawaii, he asked her to marry him as soon as possible.

I understand that when coming home from Vietnam you didn’t receive a friendly welcome home. I hope that this letter and among others on the honor flight can bring you the welcome home you deserve. And I would personally like to say thank you. Thank you for your service, bravery, and dedication to this country!

And again, I cannot thank you enough. You’re a true American Hero!