Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

By RuhiP BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
RuhiP BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

"We were a family of four. If I had to say what changed in myself happened with my brother’s passing away in 2016. His untimely death changed my view of life significantly from what I was taking life for granted before. The most important thing that changed was the way I was always thinking, 'I could do something later in life.' Or maybe I was not appreciating my loved ones' help towards me or their efforts. I was always like, 'It's my family members. I don’t need to thank them or mention that I appreciate their help.' All those things I was taking for granted, but since then, I said that life could be short, and I started changing a little bit and started more of a do-it-now-than-later because there is no guarantee. It took easily six or so months. I was down for the first few, and it might have dragged on for six months. But I would say that time heals. I started learning that things always happen the way God wants them to. I've been knowing all along that God never does anyone any harm. That learning process helped me. It didn't as such [change] my parenting habits, but I try to spend a little bit more time with my children because that is what family is all about." (Parsippany, NJ)

Inspired by the Humans of New York blog