Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

By NishithaK BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
NishithaK BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

"Never stop learning and keep improving yourself. While growing up I want to be an engineer, and I dreamed of it. So, I did my education well and completed my engineering degree. And then I believe in, doing the data analysis and working on computers, and doing the work which saves lives by producing drugs to society such as treating cancer, or saving or extending the lives of people with the drugs that our company’s producing. I mean, during my college days, after completing my graduate degree, my father died with a heart attack. At the same time, I have seen many of my relatives like close uncle died with some liver disease and other situations like that, which made me think like we can improve lives by producing quality medicines, which also can be available to all humans as much as we can across the world. My father once said, when you’re treating a person who is poorer than you, always think like the person richer than you, if he treats YOU the same way, how do you feel? So that impacted me a lot from that time, and I started respecting the people, how they are- irrespective of their position, their money, or other amenities. Never stop learning. Keep learning. Don’t settle with what you achieved. There is always room for improvement. So, at certain points, I might feel like I can relax, which impacted me a bit. Let it be, being active lifestyle, and improving your learning in the career. So I advise other people to continue to do so and never stop learning." (Parsippany NJ)

This was a section of the interview with my dad, including thoughts he would like to share, with the world. Since English is my dad's second language, the grammar may be a little off, but his English is still very impressive. This piece was created in my 8th grade English class and was inspired by the "Humans of New York" blog.