My Second Tattoo | Teen Ink

My Second Tattoo

October 17, 2019
By kierstien13 BRONZE, Bellevue, Michigan
kierstien13 BRONZE, Bellevue, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I walked out of my house with my cousin following me and into the studio. The music was blaring. It was around 11:00 pm. I sat in the chair while my little cousin Karmen was sitting in a chair to the side of me. I looked at my uncle Tukan who was setting up the tattoo tray. 

I then turned my attention to Karmen as she told me, “I am so excited to watch you get a tattoo done, I have never seen anyone get a tattoo before.”

I nodded and  said, “Yeah, but it’s honestly pretty boring to watch.” 

I then turned my attention to Tukan who was setting up the colors he was going to use. I noticed that he grabbed a pink and started thinking why is he using pink. 

I was talking with Karmen about our favorite types of animals when Tukan asked, “So you’re sure this is the tattoo you want?” 

I replied with a simple “Yup.”

 I thought to myself I wouldn’t be sitting in this chair if I didn’t want this tattoo. Then he started to set up the machines. The machines made a buzzing noise. Then he started to tattoo, the needle felt like a cat prodding me with its nails. He got a quarter of the way done when he noticed Karmen falling asleep in the chair next to me. 

He stopped tattooing and said, “Take her in the house so she can go to bed.”

I replied, “Ok.” 

I got up with my leg feeling a tingly sort of numb. I picked Karmen and carried her to the house and up to my room. I gently placed her on the bed and pulled her JoJo Siwa blanket over her. I quietly walked out of my room and back out to the studio.

I sat in the chair and I started talking to him about my ideas for the next tattoo that I planned on getting when he finished this one. Before I knew it he was halfway through the outline of the tattoo. 

He asked, “Do you want to draw a line for your tattoo?” 

I said, “I guess.” 

He then handed me the machine and I drew the line for part of Sally's face. When I tattooed on myself it felt weird. Although I thought it was really cool that he let me tattoo on myself even if it was only one line. When he was three-quarters of the way done I started feeling sleepy and before I knew it he was done tattooing.


The author's comments:

This was when I got my second Tattoo and I thought it was really cool.