Maisy's birth story | Teen Ink

Maisy's birth story

I was so excited when my sister told me that my sister-in-law had her baby and my brother was going to be a father. I was in school on that day and couldn’t wait to get home to hear everything that had happened. I was even more excited when I figured out she was born two months before my birthday. 

Turns out it was an emergency delivery. See, my sister-in-law has diabetes. She was at her doctor's appointment, when the doctor figured out that her blood pressure had shot through the roof. They decided that she needed to have the baby right away. 

According to her pains and the baby’s conditions, they thought it was best to fly her to Corpus Christi. When she got there they immediately had a c-section. The baby had brain fluid, and as soon as she was born, they sent her to a children's hospital just down the road from where her mom had her. 

A few days after she got sent to the children’s hospital, she had brain surgery. Everything went well, she had no side effects, she was a perfect little girl. Now she is only so many months, she has not turned one yet. She is spoiled rotten and looks just like her crazy father. Her name is Maisy Joe Williamson. And she came into this world on October 1st, 2019. 

My experience of Maisy’s birth was having to worry about what’s going to happen next. I never thought my sister-in-laws pregnancy would be an emergency. But overall everything turned out well. She’s such a healthy, happy baby. And she is loved by many.