I AM | Teen Ink

I AM

September 27, 2023
By Trop GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Trop GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Who I am is a hard question to answer. I am a person who likes many things. I love all sports and the communities they bring. I also love nature and what it has to offer. A personal example of something that resonates with me is winter at my grandfather's old cabin. Up north in Hayward, Wisconsin my grandpa owned a large portion of land and a nice cabin on the lake. Almost every summer and winter we would visit to do many things, my personal favorite being Christmas. Being up there with family is one of my core memories that I will never forget, the only downfall is that by the time the cabin had gone, I was too young to really comprehend how special of a place it was. To no fault of my own I didn't do what I would have wanted but seeing that place change throughout the year I will never forget. Summer is great when it comes to having little to no responsibilities and not being at school, but, personally, my favorite season is winter. The reason winter has a special place in my heart is because of snow and Christmas. Many people complain when they see snow whether it is because of the cold or the extra hassle they have in the morning to clean their driveways or cars. For example, last year my car was outside not in the garage, and when I came out the windshield was frozen solid and there was no seeing in or out. In this situation, I still had to make it to school, as I was handicapped with just enough vision I made it. Winter can be tough but the good always outweighs the bad. Although snow and ice can be a pain the holiday season always comes through. Hot summers on the lake can be a great time although there is nothing like a cold winter night with Christmas lights. 

Halloween and Thanksgiving bring people together and are amazing but often overlooked due to Christmas. I could tell a million stories about each holiday. What I feel is that each one has its own beauty. Christmas has its cold comfy nights with great music and lights while Halloween is more dark in a good way and peaceful with what fall brings. The weather in fall is perfect and pumpkin candles are as well. The holiday season and what it brings does not only warm my heart but millions of others as well. Every event and doing during this time is better than it usually is. As people may love the weather in summer, there is little special feeling it brings but during the holidays it is oh so different. There is much more to me than my love for the seasons of the year, although because of the Holiday season rolling around and summer ending I felt this is the part of who I am I wanted to write about.