the summer that never ends | Teen Ink

the summer that never ends

So here I am on a hot, golden, and sunny beach. My legs are laid out and my body is relaxed. It’s a feeling you just can't describe in words. It is like you don’t have any worry about the world. You forget about the past and future because you're in the present. Looking around me I only see happy things; kids are playing, fish are swimming, and birds are flying Well, the birds are pretty annoying. After a while the sun and the noise from the birds become too much, so I decide to head inside for some water and a snack.

As I walk up those hot pink, precarious stairs, I notice it's only ten o'clock. “Man times goes by really slow here” I say to myself. While I'm getting a snack, my friend and sister come up the stairs saying that they wanna go on a drive. Knowing that I was the best driver out of all of them I agreed to go. While hopping in the dirty, green golf cart, I realize I didn’t have the keys, that means my sister did took them. Whenever she has the keys she thinks she’s the boss, just because you have a license doesn’t mean that you get to direct me around. So after probably a ten-minute argument I finally gave in and let her drive. She was a very bad driver always going slow and following the rules. That’s never as fun as going as fast as you can and breaking all the rules.

Me and my friend would always play games on my sister making her go in the wrong lane or off the road. These were the fun little things that always made our trip so much fun. After a time of driving we were finally there the best place on the whole island the ice cream shop. They always had so many flavors and so many things. I wish I could just buy that whole store it was like a beach wonderland filled with everything you could ever think of to do on a beach. That’s beside the point we were here for ice cream. We would go there every single day of our trip, and every single day I would get the same thing. The best ice cream in the world cookies and cream. It always made every situation better, if I was having a bad day all I had to do was take a lick of the cold, delicious, invigorating ice cream and my day was better. After taking that first lick of that delicious ice cream we went back home. As we came up the road you could see through the bright green palm trees that the sky was very dark. Darker than normal it had a cold chill that came over. Before we could get back under the cover it started to rain, and rain, and rain, For a very long time. There wasn’t much to do on rainy days, but we always made the best out of it. We would play poker, sudoku, Guess Who, and so many fun games. After we did that for a while I decided I would eat lunch and go down to the beach. Just because it was raining does not mean that it would stop me from going to the beach. It was windy and rainy but not enough to affect me. As me, my friend, and sisters walked up and down the beach the rain started to go away. Before we knew it, the sun was back to its joyful glow.

As normal, the bed routine was the same. Get into bed at twelve, but not go to bed till around two. I mean when you’re having that much fun it is hard to go to sleep. In the morning we would wake up around seven and get dressed for another impactful day full of fun. This day was different than the rest. It was better. We would get to go tubing and go to Stump pass. It was always fun going through Stump Pass and seeing all the other boats and people, it was always very packed and busy. It was most certainly worth the wait, your first jump in the cool blue water was always the best. After we would get out and hang out for a couple of hours we would run over to go get lunch, the best place in my opinion was Stump Pass Marnia. It was just like any other marina food, but it always brought back memories of every time I went there always getting something new and always doing different stuff. When we were done with lunch we decided to go tubing. Tubing might have been the best thing about that trip, it was always so much fun getting whipped around and flung off the tube. You wouldn’t feel the pain of it in the moment, but you always felt it the day after. My best experience with tubing was kicking my friend off while we were going. After tubing and having a day packed with adventure we decided to head home and go to bed. Once we were home we decided to take a spin on the golf cart but this time I was driving. We drove down the darkly lit road with the cool salty air hitting our faces. There was always this creepy abandoned home near the beach, and we never knew if there was anybody there or not, so we decided to explore. As we got out of the golf cart the anticipation got greater and greater slowly making our way to the back door we heard a noise coming from inside the house, but we didn’t know what it was. So we stayed and listened for a while, me and my friend eventually made out what it was. It was the noise of a radio, which wasn’t too scary, but still in an abandoned home that was a little weird. So we ended up sprinting back to the golf cart and driving as fast as we could to get away from it. That was one of the scariest parts of the trip. We eventually got over it and thought it was just our imagination (it probably wasn’t). 

The next morning was awesome. It was bright and sunny with a cool breeze; we had good days, but this day was better than the rest. We started the morning with the same stuff and went right down to the beach afterwards. We were at the beach for a long time longer than normal. The coolest thing about this day was the shark. It was very dark with a grey tail it was scary. Me and my friend were swimming and we ended up coming in because we got too far out.

From a distance, I can hear my dad say, “Boys come in there’s a shark”.

I didn’t really believe him, but we came in and low and behold when we got in there was a shark in the water you could barely see it.

“Jeez that was close imagine if we had gotten eaten by it”, my friend said while laughing.

Although he thought it was funny, I did not. I was scared of the water the whole rest of that trip.

“How about we go up and get some dinner”? my sister said.

We always had great dinners but we had never made dinner so this was going to be good I would assume. Walking up the high, pink colored steps to the front door, I could smell an aroma like no other. It smelt like pizza.

“It must be the one from the place on the island,” I thought to myself.

As I walked in I looked at the most delicious pizza ever.

“You wanna go to the beach again”? my friend screemd with excitement.

I was already pretty tired, but I agreed, and we ended up going for a long time. Every time we went my sisters would ask for stupid pictures of them

“Brennan take a picture, Brennan it's just perfect for a picture, Brennan please” my answer every time was fine. Every time I took one they said that I didn’t do it right, I think it’s just because they looked bad in them, but every time they would make me take more and more until it wasn’t worth it, and I went back inside.
            “Wake up time for breakfast” my mom yelled so me and my friend could hear.

This was our last day and the last time for a whole year that we would see this house. We were sad but we ended up getting over it and having a great day. We went tubing, to the beach, and fishing. It was a day packed with fun. Bu before we knew it we eventually drove off into the ferry and back onto land. The drive home it was quiet, and everybody was sad, but we all knew that those memories would last us a lifetime

its cool and mine is better than tessas and I love my monky