A PERFECT Day with My Dad! | Teen Ink

A PERFECT Day with My Dad!

February 15, 2010
By KoolChik SILVER, St.Louis, Missouri
KoolChik SILVER, St.Louis, Missouri
9 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - excerpts from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13


He pulled up at the curbed. “He’s here,” My aunt said from down stairs. I run down stairs with tooth paste on my face. I run to him and he bear hugged me, “I missed you,” I said into his chest. “I missed you too,” he said back, “now go back upstairs and finish getting dressed.” I ran and was ready to go in a minute; I jumped in the car and waited as Janice walked over to dad and hug. But this time instead of just us three my mom was coming. I felt like we were a family spending time together. Tear wailed up in my eyes, I had never felt like this time before. “Where do you want to go?” He said. “The movies,” we all say at the same time. At this time Wall-e and Wanted was out so we went to see that.
We pulled to the movies and skipped for about a second until dad got tired and slowed down. We walked in and paid for our tickets. This was the first time in forever we had spent together because I had to young to remember all the other times we had together. We anxiously waited for the movie as we sat. After the movie was over talked about which movie was better, Wanted or Wall-e. We all agreed that Wanted was better. We drove up to a local pizza place and got a large pizza. We ate the whole pizza and headed up to the mall. I nearly threw up before we got there because I ate much. We got there and walked around doing some window shopping and bought a couple of things.
We took a bathroom brake because of my mom and I bought some candy. Toward the end of the day we dropped off my mom and we drove around a little together the three of us talking about what we had been doing while we were away from each other. Soon came nightfall and he drove us back home. The next we had to go back home to St. Louis at nine in the morning and it was around eleven. He hugged Janice first and gave her some money for extra spending. Then it was my turn to hug him, we said are good-byes and held each other for a good ten minutes. I cried because I knew this was the last time I’d see him until the summer break; just months away. He gave me money and I gave my last hug.
I knew it wasn’t my parents’ fault that they had a divorce. I mean at least I still see him. The only thing that keeps me from being depressed from not seeing him everyday


is the fact that other families are worse off than we are. This memoir is my example of a PERECT day. If we could just spend every day together that would be everything I could dream for.