Someone Amazing To Me | Teen Ink

Someone Amazing To Me

December 2, 2008
By Anonymous

Someone Amazing To Me

I have an inspiring story to tell you about someone close to me who I think is truly amazing! My name is Mariah and I am a freshman. I live out in the country near a small city called Washburn, Wisconsin with my mom and dad, brother, dog, cat, and rabbit. The special person I am going to tell you about has been my inspiration for many years. That truly amazing person is my big brother, Cody.

Cody is a junior in high school and my best friend most of the time. Cody encourages and motivates me all the time! He motivates me to do well in and out of school with all of my homework, as well as all the sports I participate in. Cody always helps me with my homework, especially my algebra, when I just don’t get it and he never gives up on me. He does very well in school and loves math. He is constantly reminding me to try my best at the sports I play, to work hard, and to give it my best effort. He comes to most of my games or events and cheers me on or tells me what I did wrong so I can improve myself. Cody also tells me that I am capable of playing or doing anything that I want if I set my mind to it. He has given me a lot of valuable advice throughout my life about many things. My brother really believes in me and he truly is my hero and role model. We have been very tight ever since we were little kids. I used to follow him around and want to do whatever he was doing. I knew he got tired of me sometimes, but I know he is happy to have a little sister like me around. He feels proud that he has someone who looks up to him so much.


Cody and I are like two peas in a pod; we always go places together. If one of us is going to a friend’s house or to the beach, the other one always tags along. One of my best friends, Lisa, and her older sister, Malorie, are our best buds. We all were at daycare together at Claudia’s house. We used to always hang out together, play, eat, dress-up, and go to the beach. We’d spend a lot of time together playing house, biking, singing songs, or making a mess. One of our favorite songs from daycare that we sang and danced to was: This Land is Your Land.

Our childhood memories together will never fade, nor leave my heart. I know they will stay with me forever, even after he goes off to college. Having a brother like Cody to support and encourage me has made a positive impact in my life, the choices I make, and my attitude. He has been a great influence to me throughout my life and will continue to be my inspiration.