speed | Teen Ink

speed

October 28, 2014
By jakob2016 BRONZE, Jackson, Michigan
jakob2016 BRONZE, Jackson, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Its not about how hard you hit its about how hard you can get hit and keeep moving forward how much you can take and keep moving forward thats how wining is done-Rocky balboa.


The best summer of my life, my best friend Quentin races sprint cars at butler motor speedway. That’s what I did every Saturday this summer, my job is doing anything that needs to be done to the car like cleaning the car after a heat race, or if the power steering leaked in a race I have to clean it and when something breaks I always help and I mount and dismount tires.
This is the story of the butler bash two night show, the night Quentin won his first race of the year. It was a Friday day one of the two day show the whole team was there Quentin, Matt, John, Hunter and I. It was the beginning of the day so we unloaded the car and started getting ready for the big night, after we got everything unloaded and in place and the car was ready to go, all we can do now is wait. So while we waited Quentin and I took the four wheeler to go look at the track, while we were driving around it Quentin said “The track is going to be fast tonight”. So after we looked at the track we all went to go draw a number for qualifying, our number was somewhere in the 50s.
One hour later qualifying finally started there was about 15 cars ahead of Quentin, they all were going pretty fast then it was Quentin’s turn to qualify, when he got on the track he was flying on his practice lap then his first qualifying lap started. He was flying, he was drifting around the track but right after he finished his first lap he drove right into the infield and shut the car off. After that happened we didn’t know what to think what was wrong with the car, so when they pushed the car back to the trailer Quentin said the power steering was leaking. So then we cleaned it and hopefully fixed the problem. Then it was time for Quentin’s heat race and he started first, the car were lined up and ready to go one more lap until green flag, all the car were all ready to race and all the engines were roaring to the green flag. They were on the last turn all the cars were speeding up then there go the green flag, Quentin was flying in first the second place car dropped in to 4th place right at the beginning then lee Jacobs was in the second place spot flowing Quentin. Out of now where Quentin had about half a track lead after just a few laps. The crew and I were in the pits rooting him on we yelled come on Quentin. There was only 1 lap to go he was flying around the turn, I knew nothing was going to stop him from wining this race. The last turn he just drifted through it and then there came the front he came flying in to the checkered flag.