Dear Daddy | Teen Ink

Dear Daddy

By DixonL SILVER, Akron, Ohio
DixonL SILVER, Akron, Ohio

Dear daddy,
It's your little girl here, writing to you from her room. Except I'm not so little anymore daddy and my room is full of gloom. I'm crying daddy, those smeared blue lines you see are the tears that fell when I thought of you and me. You left me all by myself to figure out what this world had in store for me. How could you daddy? I wasn't even three, what could I have done? And then you went off to start a new family with another woman and they became your priority number one. You left me broken daddy, shattering my perception of a man before I even knew what perception was. Do you think about me? Remember all the months you and mommy waited for me? Remember when you used to take me to the park and you'd push me on the swings? Remember all the funny little songs we used to sing? I dont hate you daddy, but I certainly feel no sympathy. You're a coward daddy, you don't deserve to say you helped make me. You left me vulnerable, wishing to find love from another man. Through all the fraudulent "I love you's" and broken promises you were never there to hold my hand.... I may have lied daddy, just like all the times you lied to me. Maybe I do hate you daddy, now sit in regret and watch me blossom into all the great things I never used your shoulders to reach.

I wrote this a couple years ago on Fathers Day... it really speaks for itself. If you've experienced the same thing, know you're not alone and you will make it! Enjoy (: 

Colt7654 said...
Colt7654,
this is a good wed site