Smile | Teen Ink

Smile

July 1, 2016
By aditipallod GOLD, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
aditipallod GOLD, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
17 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."

Confucius


Smiling is a wonderful thing. There are so many reasons to smile! Unlike physical objects, smiles aren’t paid for with money and handed over the counter in a small bag. They’re free!

I smile the most when I am productive. Productivity is something that propels us forward and adds to our success. The act of completing a daunting task is so relieving. Rather than procrastinating until the very end, and feeling guilty while wasting time, just finish the task as soon as possible.

I smile when I’m content. There are a few moments throughout the year where I feel as if I have no current issues. This might include an enormous project, an interview or a concert. These “issues” quite often result in happiness from the end product. We are all busy human beings, especially in this age. We are constantly swamped with work or school and stressed out with life, so we are not always happily satisfied. But when you realize that you have no worries or problems or disputes – that moment is truly euphoric.

I smile when I realize how lucky I am. When I take a breath, and step back, when the minute matters simply disappear, the bigger notions in life enter. I am so fortunate to have a loving, hardworking mother and a comical, caring dad. I feel so privileged that I have a roof over my head and bread on the table. I am blessed to be learning at a great school and to be given so many opportunities.