Brincis | Teen Ink

Brincis

By timothyhildebrand BRONZE, Grand Rapid, Michigan
timothyhildebrand BRONZE, Grand Rapid, Michigan

Cough! Bark! Hack! Whoop! Those were the sounds keeping everyone in my family up at night. My throat ached and my head pounded. When I was in sixth grade, I got a really bad cough that shook my house. Neighbors came over to complain, that is how loud it was. I tried not to cough as loud, but I could not help it. My parent were really worried about me. I had never felt so bad in my life. After a few days my parents took me to the doctor to figure out what was wrong with me.

When I was at  Doctor Pereys office it took them fifteen minutes just to get a doctor to see me.  The doctor took us to the room she asked me a few questions. After that was done, she checked my lungs. She put a stethoscope on my chest and said, “Breathe in deeply like I you are blowing up a balloon.”

That was hard to do without coughing.

She said “Your bronchial tubes are plugged up. You have bronchitis!”
My mom said, “So that’s what’s wrong with him!”
The doctor gave me an inhaler to help me with my big cough.

She told me, “Drink a lot of water! You are not allowed to go to school because  you are  contagious. No playing outside with your friends and don’t work out.”

That was a big bummer.

My parents took me to my grandma’s house because they had to go back to work. When I got there, my grandma had a bed set up for me in the living room. It had a big blanket and some huge pillows that were so big fluffy. I wanted to  fall onto the bed, and just lay down.

My grandma took me over to the bed and took the covers off and gave me pajamas to change into but they were so uncomfortable, like a sand paper. So I went in my room to change into my  pajamas. I thought that was the nicest thing she had ever done for me. After  changing,  I walked off to go to my bed so I could rest and not get more sick. So got into my bed to rest for the rest of the day and try to get better.

That night I could not sleep at all because I kept  coughing and when i tried to fall asleep, I would cough and I would be wide awake. So I went out to the living room and told my grandma I could not fall asleep. My grandma told me that I could stay out there for a little while until I got sleepy. So I was sitting in the living room watching tv and still cough like a train.

Because I had so big of a headache at 12:00am, my grandma gave me an aspirin to make it go away, I hoped I could  sleep and not be up all night. I said “night” to my grandma.

About 1:00 I went to bed. My head was still in pain, lIke a hammer pounding a nail and my head still hurt, but after awhile I fell asleep. I was so glad I fell asleep and did not stay up all night.

I woke up in the morning around 8:00 and went to go wake up my grandma. She got up and made me some soup for my throat. After I was done I went to my comfy bed in the living room and watched some cartoons. While I was watching cartoons my grandma made me some hot chocolate. After I was done drinking the hot chocolate, my throat felt alot better than it did before drinking the hot chocolate.

After a Couple of days my cold got better and better.  Few days of agonizing of  being sick, I finally felt better.

In conclusion I learn not to get sick for a whole week and not to get sick because when you get sick almost you whole upper body hurts. When you miss a week of school you get a lot of homework.It took me a couple of days to get all my work caught up. So don’t get sick at all.