Meadowview,my home | Teen Ink

Meadowview,my home

By nevaehapodacaa BRONZE, Sacramento, California
nevaehapodacaa BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Meadowview, My home where I live,the place grew up in and most importantly the place I wake up to every day,a safe environment where when your talking a walk you can smell the aroma of fresh roses. There ́s big houses almost every block and gated communities. I live in a 3 story house with everything and extra a house could have right across from Meadowview market  and when you look out my window you can see a clear sight of the Meadows beach with beautiful and blue water with sand and lots of palm trees. Usually I go to the movies on the weekend with my friends or well walk to the beach and have picnics .

Sounds nice right ? well unfortunately that’s not the truth. The truth is I live by the train station and it smells like cigarettes and unclean air sometimes or the streets are dirty because there’s trash on the ground when I'm walking to the store or im outside. Usually the people you see there can be very unusual sometimes but they don't bother. People die everyday and Meadowview is affiliated with gangs and things like that. Shootings are normal to me and there's a lot of families that struggle. Living in Meadowview isn’t the best but I look on the bright side about things and just think “It could be alot worse then how it is now.¨ I've gotten used to Meadowview being the way it is and I have adapted. Usually my neighborhood is quiet but at the same time rambunctious because of the stupid stuff people decide to do. Nothings ever happen to me but I still stay aware of my surroundings at all times but if could live somewhere else where it ́is more nicer I would. 

Things people struggle in living in Meadowview is things like the rent because the houses aren't even all that and you would still have to pay a high cost of rent which is a big reason why there's so many homeless in the neighborhood but most importantly the violence that happens. Almost everyday somebody dies in my neighborhood but people don't have time to focus on the violence that's happening because they have life ́s and jobs and I understand that but I really think its something we need to focus on more. The main reason thereś probably violence is because of the gangs and things that happen or to be honest some people just like doing it for no reason but for the most part because somebody wants vengeance.

Everybody acts like everythings okay but it's really not and if people were to take a stand, things would be different and more people would want to live there. It's not just Meadowview its Sacramento that would change.

Meadowview is a great and fun place to live but I wouldn't recommend living there.

this poem is about my neighborhood