Halloween Trip to France | Teen Ink

Halloween Trip to France

By PerlaM BRONZE, Tirana, Other
PerlaM BRONZE, Tirana, Other

I was in Durres, a place in Albania with my friends and family 2 years ago during the summer. I was with my friend Heily. We were thinking of telling our moms to go for Halloween to Disneyland. So, we got our moms and we told them our plan even though our moms didn’t really know each other at that time. We still tried to convince them about this plan. Some weeks later we met with our moms and another friend of mine and Heily's so that our moms could talk and decide what to do about our plan to go to Disneyland for Halloween.  

They agreed and on the 29th of October, we went to France. I was with Heily, Klark, and our moms at the airport and after two hours we went on the plane. We laughed during the whole flight. In the beginning, they were constantly telling us to be quiet. When we landed, all the people in the plane started clapping and we just shouted at the same time, “we made it yey”. This was a very short flight, I really liked it.  I couldn’t wait to go to the hotel because I was exhausted. The Hotel was at Disneyland, and everything was with mickey mouse and other Disney characters, we all went to our rooms and slept. The next morning Heily and I had a conversation about our trip so far. 

“Hey, we made it we are going to have so much fun,” I said. 

“I can't wait to visit everything in Disneyland and do the scary rides,” Heily added. I won’t go back to Albania if I don’t visit everything in Disneyland,” she continued. 
 Then we tried every scary game in Disneyland, every fast rollercoaster. Disneyland was all decorated with a Halloween theme because the next day was Halloween. I had milkshakes from Starbucks and burgers from Mcdonald's every day. Heily and I bought matching Mickey Mouse hoodies. We were very excited about the big party they were organizing at midnight. We went in a shop to buy our costumes and then we went to the hotel to get ready. Excitingly waiting for midnight, we went around scaring people everywhere shouting, “boo we got you.” It was almost midnight and we all ran in the middle of Disneyland where they were throwing fireworks, and everyone shouted, “Happy Halloween”. 

The next morning, we were all exhausted, but we decided to go to Paris all day, I was mostly excited to go shopping in one of my favorite malls in Paris, Lafayette. We visited the Louvre Museum and the Eiffel Tower. We went to Ladure and ate a lot of macarons. After we finished eating, we went shopping, and that is one of my favorite things to do. I got lost in the mall because it was very big, but luckily, I found my way again. 

“Where were you Perla, I was looking everywhere for you, you scared me,” My mom said. 
 “I was also looking everywhere for you mom, but I couldn’t find you,” I replied. I was very scared, but I am happy to see you now,” I added. Then we hugged each other. 

For dinner, we went to a very fancy restaurant and I tried for the first time cooked snails because they say that it’s something, they eat a lot in France. I personally didn’t like it at all.  
The next day it was time to come back to Albania. I didn’t want to leave but I also wanted to go back home. We almost lost our flight because Heily and I totally forgot, and we were staying at the duty-free in the Aeroport trying to find where I left my passport but at least we made it at the flight. I will never forget that trip it was fun and adventurous.