Wrong Class | Teen Ink

Wrong Class

By Mikedayoungan BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Mikedayoungan BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard"- Kevin Durant

This is my favorite mistake. This happened when I was a freshman in high school. It was third period and I was thinking today is a good day. I walked in the classroom and I sat down in my seat. Then the teacher took attendance and she asked.

¨Did I miss anybody?¨

I raised my hand and said ¨Me.¨

“I don't see your name on the roster are you sure you supposed to be in here?¨ She asked

And after that I told her ¨to be honest I don't know.¨

Then she said ¨alright.¨

Then I started doing my work like I was supposed to be in that class. After I finished my work I told the teacher i'm done and she said ok. After that class ended, I was looking for my 4th period class because I couldn't find it. It was room E-9 and I saw the principal.

I asked him ¨Excuse me Mr. Principal do you know where room E-9 is?¨

He said ¨yea right over there.¨ And pointed to the classroom.

I told him thank you and walked away. When I got the E-9 the teacher was on prep. I thought to myself ¨hmm that's weird.¨ So I went back to the principal and I asked him to look at my schedule and see what class I was in.

He told me ¨Your supposed to be in english.¨

I thought to myself ¨that can't be right.¨ 

I told him thank you again and walked back to english class. When I walked in the class had already started so I was late. The teacher asked me why I was back in her class.]

I told her ¨the head guy of the school told me to come here.¨

She said “take a seat bucko.¨

Then the next day when I went to biology my teacher asked me why I wasn't in class.

I said ¨I accidentally went to the wrong class yesterday.¨

He said ¨ok have a seat in your assigned seat.¨

I said ¨where is my seat?¨

He said ¨in the back.¨

So I went to my seat and sat down. After I sat down I did my work and that's what happened when I went to the wrong class on the first day of school. This taught me to always pay attention to my class schedule and to know where I'm going.

I was inspired to write this because this was a funny mistake I made as a freshman. And it taught me to know where im going at all times.